KTM Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I thought he said he was joining beta factory racing team racing the hard enduro series rather than being a privateer on a beta or am I missing something ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Jonny Walker Off-Road Racer puts an end to speculation by creating his own, officially Beta Racing-backed team, to race the new FIM Hard Enduro World Championship.

#Enduro21 #thisisenduro #hardenduro #extremenduro #twostroke

Guess that means he’s just doing the events he wants and Beta just giving him the tools to do it rather than a full factory set up.
Will he still be connected to Eurotek?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I don’t think he was ever connected to Eurotek. They just managed the Ktm Uk backed riders and looked after his bike fir them.
More interested in that than manning their shop or supporting mug punters... always got better support elsewhere.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I thought he said he was joining beta factory racing team racing the hard enduro series rather than being a privateer on a beta or am I missing something ?
The statements a bit weird it says he’s created his own team but it’s backed by Beta factory racing. Presume it’s something similar to what Letti was doing before he joined KTM factory.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Own team according to Leatt’s quote.

Dave King Leatt Marketing and Athlete Manager.
“Over the last 4 years Jonny has become a real part of the Leatt family and is a pleasure to work alongside. His race results and personality speak for themselves but product testing and development has also helped take our brand to the next level. When Jonny first told us of his plans to run his own team for the coming year we didn’t think twice about continuing to support him. Leatt is excited to see Jonny get back to his winning ways and are looking forward to working with him for many years to come. ”

With support from existing sponsors who can see the potential of the team and the opportunity to test and use new exciting products give the team enormous drive and motivation.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
is it also right Eurotek KTM are now Eurotek. This means they can become Eurotek anything. Maybe with JW22 fully onboard.

Reactions: Johnnyboxer

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
The only way is to say nothing at all but get on the top step of the podium above your previous employer. It won’t be easy but maybe this is what Jonny needs? New impetus to get the juices flowing.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
That’s one thing Beta have spot on. The bike looks fantastic. Arguably the best looking bike out there at the moment. Italians certainly know how to make things look pretty.

Reactions: fletche36

·
Registered
216 Posts
I hope Jonny is right up there.....with the other British riders of course 😃

The bike looks lovely but apparently the plastics crack pretty easily (rather than bend like KTM / Husky ones), not the JW will care......

·
Registered
375 Posts
I hope Jonny is right up there.....with the other British riders of course 😃

The bike looks lovely but apparently the plastics crack pretty easily (rather than bend like KTM / Husky ones), not the JW will care......
I look at the suspension and the engine when I buy a bike. Couldn’t care less if the plastics snap or bend.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
You’d never touch a KTM if you based the purchase on suspension.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts