KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i buy ktm duke 125 my 2012, im live in finland.
i want to know how many horsepower i can get more if i buy acrapovic slip-on exhaust system on duke?

PS.

sorry about my bad english but i think its better to write english than finnish;)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
hi, I expect by its self, not a lot but perhaps altering air box and a map then a bit more ?2-8 bhp, i'm sure others will know more, enjoy it, they look good, i imagine the cost will be a limiting factor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thx!:D In fact, I do not have the budget in terms of tuning, so if you know what parts I can get a bike impede the full could you please link to the parts list.

PS. I wonder what could be the top speed of a simple adjustment of the ECU?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
hi, I expect by its self, not a lot but perhaps altering air box and a map then a bit more ?2-8 bhp, i'm sure others will know more, enjoy it, they look good, i imagine the cost will be a limiting factor?
id say closer to about 1bhp. they only put out 15bhp as standard. and being a four stroke they dont lend themselves to derestricting like the old two strokes did.
may be better getting a 200 duke??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you are right^ its better to buy Duke 200...BUT, in finland we have laws(and those laws really sucks:)) when you turn 16 here in finland, you can buy max. 125cc motorbike max 11kw/15hp (power is not limited if bike is 20years or more older) so thats why i buy 125;) but one good thing, some politic named Päivi Räsänen decided to abolish the traffic police, so now the situation is, the police is not time or money control bike tuning so if you want you can do your bike what you want, if everybody understand what i mean. And again, sorry about my bad english....:) and thanks for everyone;)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Pity KTM don't employ some Finnish development engineers. They could have taken the 690 smc into a sauna and learned very quickly how the electtronics and clocks cannot withstand a bit of humidity and temperature changes. Then when the 690 smc failed the sauna test, they could have taken turns at flogging it with birch branches (Basil Fawlty style) before dumping the remains in any of over 1,000 ice cold Finnish lakes.

p.s. I like Finland and my opinion of Austrian engineering is accelerating downhill

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Pity KTM don't employ some Finnish development engineers. They could have taken the 690 smc into a sauna and learned very quickly how the electtronics and clocks cannot withstand a bit of humidity and temperature changes. Then when the 690 smc failed the sauna test, they could have taken turns at flogging it with birch branches (Basil Fawlty style) before dumping the remains in any of over 1,000 ice cold Finnish lakes.

p.s. I like Finland and my opinion of Austrian engineering is accelerating downhill
:rolleyes: Dont worry bout Restitution, we are still waiting for a boffen to de-restrict
his sense of humour...:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just bought a Rukka jacket - that's Finnish (I think) and bloody good too!

Speedteamfi - as your English is better than my Finnish (Rukka being the only word I know!) I think we'll forgive the odd grammatical error. Heaven knows I've lived in the Uk all my life and I still struggle with English.

As above - I don't think you'll get more than a couple of hp out of a can / airbox etc. Much better to look at the 200 (and I do believe KTM are bringing out an even bigger engine in the same frame?? Is it a 350??) conversion - the frame doesn't change at all.

Enjoy the new bike - I think they look the dogs dangly bits, I even tried to get a deal on one - I like them that much.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
resti, time to change the record mate.
ive always enjoyed your take on things and your dry wit.

but banging on about your 690 is getting a bit old now. get rid. please..........

·
Registered
249 Posts
resti, time to change the record mate.
ive always enjoyed your take on things and your dry wit.

but banging on about your 690 is getting a bit old now. get rid. please..........
Well if Resti does get rid I'll give him scrap value - seems that's all it's worth judging by the slagging off it gets??
If it's fixed now then maybe offer trade value - less handling?
;-)

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Well if Resti does get rid I'll give him scrap value - seems that's all it's worth judging by the slagging off it gets??
If it's fixed now then maybe offer trade value - less handling?
;-)
I imagine once the bike realises its out of Resti ownership it will turn over a new leaf and become the most well behaved KTM ever!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okey, thx for everyone!!:D and please visit my facebook page SpeedTeamFi and like it, videos and pics coming January 2013;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
H not sure if you got an answer for the question but you will NOT get any gain by fitting any exhaust on the Duke 125, it's at the maximum BHP already and KTM stipulated that any accessories will not add power as it breach its Homologation for the 125 market. You'll get more noise but bugger all else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts