KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

not a long time ago i bought a ktm duke 125 2013. Loved it until the season ended this week. During my riding I was enjoying it, but I saw one problem. For example, I fill up full tank of gas and ride it for like 70kilometers. After 70kilometers the gas reserve light lights up and I am thinking that I don't think that a motorcycle has a tank of gas for like 100kilometers. So I go to the gas station fill up my tank until the pistol stops, 3,5liters of gas is filled and the tank is full of gas. I searched in the internet and a full tank of gas is 12liters on a 125cc ktm duke. What could be the problem? I mean the motorcycle has a powerparts headlight I don't know, maybe there's an upgraded powerparts ktm gas tank that has less capacity? I wanna go on roadtrips next season so I wanna know what is the problem? Maybe this years version has a 5liter tank?

·
Registered
43 Posts
To my knowledge, there have never been aftermarket petrol tanks for either the 125, 200, 250 or 390.
It would also make absolutely no sense to put a smaller petrol tank on these bikes.
The OEM fuel tank (first-gen) holds about 11 litres and these bikes should do about 48 km to the litre.
My 200 does around 370 litres on a full tank a 125, according to web specs, should do around 500 km on a full tank.
I think this will be a little overrated but at least you have an idea.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Interesting Paul,

I think my 2012 Duke 200 is very similar (never measured this though, might do on my next tour)

I've got a Duke 200 2016. From full the reserve light comes on after I've used just over 8 litres. The lowest mileage I've achieved is around 160 miles (260 km). That was a trip almost entirely on motorways at 70 mph (110 km/h). I record all my fill ups on fuelly ; Duke (KTM 200 Duke) | Fuelly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts