KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I've been modding my duke, got a decat and DNA airbox lid with a k&n filter ready to install but I can't figure out if I should just use a rapid bike easy or spend a bit more on the Evo exclusive (also longer delivery)

With the easy be sufficient? Or do I need a full Evo with self learning?

·
Registered
89 Posts
l am not sure you will see much of an improvement in your 125 Duke's performance from messing with the exhaust and fuelling.
The bike has been designed to produce 15bhp, rather than older bikes that were designed to produce more, and then restricted to 15bhp for the learner market.

But it does no harm to try, as many others have probably done. Please post your results once you've carried out the modifications.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
My advice is do your test and go bigger.

Back in my yoof all my mates spent a fortune trying to tune their rd and rg 125s. I passed my test asap on borrowed 125 and bought a 250lc- not only did it piss all over their 125s it cost less too.

You cant beat cubes ;-)

·
Registered
178 Posts
That’s some serious wedge to spend modding a 125 but I can’t fault your commitment and at least you’re trying to do it properly! Fair play!

Would an ECU flash not be worth considering instead of a fuelling module?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem I have is tests are quite hard to book right now, and I really don't want to do an A2 which I'd have to wait till June to do anyway as I'm only 18, I'd rather wait and get my full bike before spending money on it. And an ECU flash is apparently impossible with these gen2 125 dukes.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Ah, I see, of course when I was a lad you could do your test at 17 and ride whatever you wanted, at 17 I had a GPZ750, at 18 an RG500 and then at 19 (after the RG spat its gearbox out the crancases) I bought a GPZ900R - which about 4 years earlier was the wolrds fastest production bike....

...Be like you being allowed a ZZR1400 right now :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, I see, of course when I was a lad you could do your test at 17 and ride whatever you wanted, at 17 I had a GPZ750, at 18 an RG500 and then at 19 (after the RG spat its gearbox out the crancases) I bought a GPZ900R - which about 4 years earlier was the wolrds fastest production bike....

...Be like you being allowed a ZZR1400 right now :)
I can not representative the amount of jealousy I have 🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
I passed my full test 26 years ago and I still only ride a Duke 200! Its coming up change time and Ive test ridden a Duke 790 and 390. I much prefer the 390!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My last bikes were in order, Hornet 900, Z1000, VTR1000 Firestorm

All great bikes, although the Hornet was a bit bland.

But l love my 390 Duke! lt's so light and flickable, seems to handle fine, only costs £100 to insure, and goes as fast as l want to ride.

Sure, l sometimes miss the overtaking power of the Z1000 but after two years ownership l am not looking to upgrade from the 390 Duke.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts