KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Has anyone had issues with KTM fault finding. I've now spent £220 with one garage and now another garage owing £300.
My bike doesn't run and they just keep guessing what is wrong with it.
Any advice? Have tried ktm customer services and they are a complete joke

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does the engine turn over on the starter but not fire up. How did it happen, were you riding and it just stopped, or did it fail to start one day.

How many miles/km on the bike?
Did you take it in to a KTM dealer? They should be able to plug it into diagnostics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi zero,

14000 miles on the bike and has been to two dealers. Bike just died one day and hasn't really come back to life, it turns over but really hard to start and if it does start lasts seconds.

Had the valve clearances done, new spark plug, new ignition coil. All filters and a complete fuel flush.

Didn't change a thing. The other garage got fault codes in the lambda sensor so replaced that. Then in the throttle body, tried a new one.

The garage finally noticed that the bike starts when the stator is unplugged so new stator and rectifier.

Still nothing haha.

I had a play today and sounds like when I plug the stator in I her a relay or something trip that kills the bike.

Not sure so any suggestions welcome

·
Registered
504 Posts
have you tried inspecting the fuel filter, or when the fuel line is off the throttle body there is a firm flow from the pump?

another thing that might be a cause is the ignition pickup sensor (wiring), perhaps its off somehow?

·
Registered
63 Posts
You’d think the dealer would have checked those things!
But sadly they often rely on what the diagnostic computer says, and if that doesn’t work they are stumped, no actual mechanics any more.

·
Registered
504 Posts
from the story above I make out they just randomly changed out parts without actually trying things out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it's exactly what they have been doing. I believe it is definitely between the stator and regulator.

The bike starts when the 3 pin connector between the two is unplugged. As soon as I plug it in. Bike dies.

I've looked at the voltage from the stator and it's around 26V ac.

I'm trying to get a voltage output from the regulator but can't keep the bike running long enough

1 - 8 of 8 Posts