KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and have a 2003 Duke 2. I have noticed that the chain is touching the back tyre. I know that this could be due to a misaligned back wheel but I don't think that this is the case. I have been told that the chain always runs close to the tyre on this model and that because of this, some makes of tyres are slightly too wide even though they are the recommended size (ie not oversize). I can see in the forum that some people say they just ride with the chain rubbing against the tyre and that it doesn't cause any major damage.

As I'm about to put a new set of tyres on the bike I would like to make sure that I get the right tyres and to find out how close to the tyre the chain should be.

Any advice or information would be gratefully received.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
What make / size are on there now, is the chain adjusted correctly ?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
wasnt anywhere near the tyre on my 03 duke II when i had it.....

Does it look aligned? There are spacers between the swingarm and the wheel too im sure.

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
is it a michelin you got on there?

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
mt tyre? the ditch finder? all ive seen have rubbed, get a maxis 160 dif profile so will be fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
if the eccentric chain adjuster thingy is lined up right... which is easy to check... its your tyre.

my previous dunlop that was supposedly a 160 snagged the chain... goldspeeds i've got on her now the "same size" clear the chain no probs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts