KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a stolen recovered duke 690 with its ignition barrell mangled and cables cut. No keys with the bike. Now, if I get a replacement barrell with a new key (around £100), I'm assuming that the new key won't be recognised by the ECU? So, do I simply get someone to program that new key to the ECU and immobiliser? I.e. is it as straight forward as I think or are there some hoops that I should be aware of?

Anyone knows roughly how much it's likely to set me back? Any experience with motorbike ignition barrell replacement will be appreciated KTM specific one will be really really appreciated, as I know some manufacturers are more awkward than others..

Thanks in advance for any response.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a stolen recovered duke 690 with its ignition barrell mangled and cables cut. No keys with the bike. Now, if I get a replacement barrell with a new key (around £100), I'm assuming that the new key won't be recognised by the ECU? So, do I simply get someone to program that new key to the ECU and immobiliser? I.e. is it as straight forward as I think or are there some hoops that I should be aware of?

Anyone knows roughly how much it's likely to set me back? Any experience with motorbike ignition barrell replacement will be appreciated KTM specific one will be really really appreciated, as I know some manufacturers are more awkward than others..

Thanks in advance for any response.
What year, wonder if it's my old one, if so there is no immobiliser.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's a 2013
Have you seen it? Mine was white with a number of extras like rear sets, crash bars, screen and power parts seat. I went to see it when it was recovered and apart from the ignition and tank cap ripped out it was in good condition. No indication that it had been dropped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you seen it? Mine was white with a number of extras like rear sets, crash bars, screen and power parts seat. I went to see it when it was recovered and apart from the ignition and tank cap ripped out it was in good condition. No indication that it had been dropped.
Hi, this one is also a white with a power parts seat and an ixil exhaust. Do you think it's yours?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts