KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon all I was looking for some info but cant find what I am looking for online I hope people can help here

I bought a ktm exc a few years back was told it was a 2005 exc 300

After a few years thrown in the back of the garage I finally got around to giving it a rebuild and a freshen up after being out the country for a couple of years and other projects on going

So i stripped the whole bike down upon looking for the vin number i found it under either the previous powder coated frame
With was as photos...

This can not be a 2001 from everything I have bought for the bike is for a 2005
It has had a full engine rebuild no thought of the cost I got everything done head barrel piston bottom end all bearings gaskets everything is new inside
Full new plastics graphics
Forks rebuilt
Wheel bearings new
Everything to brighten it up ready for the summer to ride with my sons

The frame number says sx 2001??

Could this have been modified in its before life to fit a 300 engine in and the rear made to be from a 2005

Any info is appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hello & welcome

I was thinking, with the age of the bike does it really matter? I would guess someone has swapped the original frame, for this 2001 frame and put all the 2005 parts on the 2001 frame??,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply i thinks it's one of those things I wanted to know as lost contact with the guy I got it off and If I come to sell it ect ect road registering it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts