KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Im searching and searching the internet thin for a full akrapovic exhaust system for my 1999 duke 2 640. But thats NOT easy. I did stumble opon some for an LC4. So my question is. Would it fit from a LC4 and almost directly onto a duke2?

And if anyone happens to have a full system lying around they wanna sell. Im more than interested!

·
Registered
76 Posts
They didn't make a full system.. Akrapovic made the powerparts Carbon cans, there was also an official PP mid pipe. Some other manufacturers, mostly in Germany I believe, made tuning versions of the mid pipe. Some of these were not a great fit or quality but at least they were stainless, the original mid pipe didn't last very well when exposed to road salt.

The rare twin pipe SM system will not fit, at least not without big mods, so you'd be on a beaten docket there. The duke headers are narrower too. The original Silencers can be modded to good effect, the mid pipe is a free flow nightmare. the pipe that comes in from the 'T' cuts out 1/2 the area of the pipe it joins! Plus all the tight bends are not good,

So a single sided custom exhaust might be the answer!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts