KTM Owners Forum banner

KTM LC4 servicing - Who's the best in or around London?

869 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mr.tattoo 
#1 ·
Hello to everyone, I am new of this website and I subscribed purposely to have fresh info from KTM riders around London and south east.
Can anyone advice on who offers a very honest and reliable workshop and servicing for KTM in or around South London? Near to me there is a motorbike shop called INMOTO who apparently service KTM bikes, but I don’t know if they are ok or trustful. Does anyone use them or recommend them? Any feedback?

I have a problem with my KTM (LC4- 640, 2006 model), it’s the electric start. When I use it looks like that the electric start keeps on trying even if the bike’s engine is already on and started. There is also metallic mechanic noise (almost like the sound of an electric sparkle - similar to tlac, tlac, tlac) lasting few seconds on the right side of the engine for few seconds and then the bike’s engine switches off and dies..
Any advice or help on who is the best and honest for KTM bikes is very much appreciated.

Thanks much in advance,

Victor, Croydon

#2 ·
were down the road in otford other side of orpington. as for noises take the ign cover off and check the nut, also the stator is secure, most lc4's clack with the decomp if its on low tickover.

#6 ·
Not quiet yet - still looking for best KTM garage

No I have called the RAC who send me a good mechanic and for now the problem seems sorted, howver the bike still need to be checked so the quest for a good (and more important honest) KTM garage remains. Any of u who had a bad experience or good experience will help to make my choice. Thanks again to everyone who replies. V.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.