KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've found quite a few websites selling the LC4 toolkit (for around £36) which looks similar but half as comprehensive as the proper kit which comes with the 950 adv... KTMspares.co.uk could get me one on order but £79.50 + delivery and VAT is mucho expensive for a set of tools which I reckon could be picked up quite cheaply from Halfrauds & such like.

Below, I've typed a list of what I 'think' the tools are, and also hinted at sizes - if I'm completely wrong with these, could you please copy, paste and correct the list with proper tool name/size to help me on my DIY toolkit mission?

From left to right and top to bottom, I'm guessing the following:
  • KTM toolkit pouch
  • Some kind of extension bar for the spanners
  • some kind of hex style tool?
  • Spanner - possibly 17mm? (please correct me if I'm wrong)
  • 24mm spanner
  • Bottle opener with spanner on other end
  • Allen key - 4mm?
  • Allen key - 8mm?
  • Some kind of double ended thing with philips head on one end and other end to suit one of the allen keys?
  • Open ended spanner no. 1
  • Open ended spanner no. 2
  • Spark plug tool maybe?
  • T-bar with hex heads (what size are these?)
  • Flat head screwdriver with blue handle
  • Some kind of curved socket extension bar to suit the sparkplug tool maybe?
  • Pliers with blue handles

as always, thanks in advance :scooter:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
this is what it is in mine
extension for spanners
2 spanners 24?? and 32 wheel nuts
allen keys 5 8 12
double ended thing is extension bar for sockets.....to get at carb jubilees
3 spanners 8/10...13/14...14/15
srew diver is revesable
sockets 6 8 10 17.....these fit blue handle t bar
bottle opener....vital

a few 1/4 drive sockets.. allen key set.... and some spanners can all come from halfords...the main prob is the 32mm wheel nuts as they are tight.....a cheap cut down ring spanner might be the answer

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Not being anal here but if you decide to try out a regular spark plug socket,you risk getting the socket stuck in the channel and when you try and put the plug back in,it can end up going in off pitch and fcuk the threads for the plug so either get the right one,get one that someone recommends having used it or take the risk. Your choice!!(there was a thread on advrider where one guy had a socket and plug well and truely stuck and needed the head off!!
The bottle opener is actually for the torquing of the head nut which needs to be 90deg or something along those lines.(i used mine when doing my base and head gaskets).

Try some other dealers and see what they come up with? Personally i would buy the proper kit even though i would feel as if someone had pulled my pants down for no good reason.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the replies everyone :D AIOLOS - I've been looking for a ktm parts fiche for quite a while so a big thanks for that :D I've selected my model, year etc... but on the drop down list there's only the 'special engine tools' and 'spezialwerkzeuge farghestelle' choices which hint towards tools - these sections are both geared towards things like engine timing and bearing presses etc. can't seem to see 'accessories kit' on the list anywhere?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers chris, that was the page which sparked my motivation to get a toolkit sorted - lots of pics of the original toolkit floating about, and lots of peoples' personalised kits but they nearly all say the same thing "My kit includes the original KTM kit and X mm sockets, X mm, spanners..." etc. no actual info as to what's in the stock kit.

I tried searching for an 06 990 adventure and found one of the fiche pictures featured the ktm toolkit, along with the ability to request order information for one (7-10 days) but again, no specific info as to what's in the kit..

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
cheers chris, that was the page which sparked my motivation to get a toolkit sorted - lots of pics of the original toolkit floating about, and lots of peoples' personalised kits but they nearly all say the same thing "My kit includes the original KTM kit and X mm sockets, X mm, spanners..." etc. no actual info as to what's in the stock kit.

I tried searching for an 06 990 adventure and found one of the fiche pictures featured the ktm toolkit, along with the ability to request order information for one (7-10 days) but again, no specific info as to what's in the kit..
Here you go.
Everything you wanted to know about what you can and cant do with the std toolkit - ADVrider

The version in the HOW is not up to date.

The tookit differs if its a 950 or 990 toolkit.
The 950 one on the advrider post is dead-accurate. The 990 one, Im pretty sure it doesnt mention all the torx bits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts