KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ktm 200 exc 05

right, long story short i had to replace the right hand engine cover so the power valve actuator had to come off, along with a lot of other bits. ive always hated gearboxes, spacers, washers, shims galore and not having the best memory in the world i always put the parts down on blue roll in the order they came off.

oh yeah this is the short version, anywho, i put it all back together and fired up, checked the coolant for signs of oil and vica versa. but i noticed the bike sounded different, like really harsh, like oldschool motocrossers. so i didnt ride it, checked out the powervalve guage on left side of engine and the pv line was off the scale!!! i pulled the cover off again and found that the balls had dropped out of the centrifuge that controls the pv, well not out but they had jammed in the actuator, thus the pv was wide open. and in turn this had mashed the two concave washers that go on the end of the pv controller. ive got new ones (8 days later, cheers ktm!!) and now i need to know how they go. ill try to upload some photos to simplify my explanation but anyone thats been in the gearbox should know what i mean

thanks for reading any info would be brilliant

dan

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Hate to be a fob off, but KTM 200exc parts catalogue is my main document when doing work on my bike as it simply sets out how it should look (for the layout if not torque values) hope it helps. sorry if not! best of luck getting it back together.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hate to be a fob off, but KTM 200exc parts catalogue is my main document when doing work on my bike as it simply sets out how it should look (for the layout if not torque values) hope it helps. sorry if not! best of luck getting it back together.
thanks for the reply ben, but i still have the parts manual that came with it and it shows the order of the shims but they are concave (dished) and im not sure if they go dish together or apart. its one of those things thats a real niggle, cant get any sense out of the stores department either.

oh and i have a race on sunday... :rotflmao:

cheers

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
Download the workshop manual from the member's section ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but im not a member, and how do i know its gonna be any more helpfull than the manual i have? stupid question... how do i become a member?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts