KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All

Long time away from the forum so hello to anyone who may remember me :)

I've had a quick look through previous posts and not found any mention on this, but apologies if it had been discussed elsewhere.

Just wondering if anyone has had success with getting the navigation feature from the My Ride app working on 790 Adventure R? The app will link bike to phone but not display any directions on the dash. I've seen the Codger Biker (or whatever he is called) review on YouTube, where he has it working, and he mentioned the bikes firmware needed updating to get it to work (as done on first service). My first service was June 2019, so assuming that the firmware had been updated, and that navigation should work.

Local dealer has said that it is not possible to have navigation on 790 Adventure R (although manual lists it as an option!). I spoke to a random KTM dealer, just to get another opinion, and they also said that they thought it was not possible.

So any ideas why it doesn't work or what needs to be done?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
mine worked after update, android phone dont use it though, just use the music player which is handy, phone is on a cradle in front of me so its not needed

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, the My Ride was my cheap alternative to getting a phone fitting and using the phone to navigate, as I do not wish to buy another sat nav. My phone is iPhone and so wonder if that may be the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts