KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the bike painted by Finishing Touch in Monterey, CA. What a fantastic job. Unfortunately the paint is peeling from the tip of the exhaust area. Need to do a mod like a metal plate around the tip.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
that looks bloody nice mate. great job, enjoy

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Nice. Somebody's done a bloody good job of getting the bodywork to fit so well :D

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Nice that , not into the redbull scheme myself but that's only cos I hate the drink and it reminds me of sick (being sick)

;)

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Nice that , not into the redbull scheme myself but that's only cos I hate the drink and it reminds me of sick (being sick)

;)
oh dear, bad experience, i have the same when i see a packet of salted peanuts.......:rotflmao:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have the same problem with merlot..............................not:D
Nice paint job though.

PLC 262 days to go

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice Paint job,
I have a red bull rep also and I'm getting quite a lot of the paint work bubbling up around the front exhaust Lombard sensor on the right hand side of the bike. If your bike hasn't got any heat shield on the inside of the fairing around that area area i would recommend fitting some before any damage is potentially done. Luckily I bought my bike with the paint job so its being fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the covers are from GB Racing. The plastics are from KTM and came with the heat shield. I didn't do that great of a job covering up the exhaust port with the heat shield and the fiberglass is real close to the exhaust outlet. So it's expected. Good thing for touch-up paint ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
hi , very nice, im getting my 09 red bull rep next sunday, i am considering having the wheels powder coated same orange , i think it would just finish the bike off...will have to find a picture somewhere 1st..just to see.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts