KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi thanks for all your replys still having the same problem too much air and oil on the pistion changed the crank case gasket but it looks like the crank seal has gone would this give me the problem that i am haveing the problem is the bike will not rev sounds like it is chokeing its self then found gear oil on the piston so could it be drawing air from the crank seal?????????????
thanks brad

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but before I striped there was oil coming out of the exhaust
So could this be the problem
Then

·
Registered
940 Posts
If the crank seal is gone it will be part of if not all of your problem
How much oil is coming out the exhaust, if its excessive it could be sucking gearbox oil into the crankcase and blowing it out

·
Registered
940 Posts
always do both, for the sake of a few quid it saves stripping it down again to do the other side
check the bearings while your at it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi i have now changed the seals there is no oil on the pistion now but still will not rev there seems to be a lot of fuel still in the crank case could it be the needle in the carb making it over fuel i can see the fuel been sprayed in when i look in the carb????

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i can get the bike ti tick over but when i try to rev the bike it sounds like it is chokeing and some times sounds like the engine is hunting???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi changed all the seals now theres no oil in the crank case, seems as if the engine is hunting like the timings out been told that if theres a spark at the plug the CDI units fine? can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
If the timing is out how can you move it if it runs on a cdi
New plug and tried a new coil??

Whip off flywheel and check the stator is lined up with the correct mark on the casings , im not sure about on your bike but on 04 bikes they have 2 marks on the casings and they are for different cdi units , if you have done the crank oil seals then you will have taken the stator off and may not have lined it up perfect when you put it back together ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Timing. Mark is set to the Mark on the right that's where it was
Before is it right that if you have a spark is the cdi ok??

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
The cdi will either work or not , plugs and leads tend to break down under load so the more you rev it the more it will cough and fart , did you say you had cleaned out the jets ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes cleaned the jets and still the same even put a diffrent carb on still the same with that on ???????

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Is the rubber carb boot split anywhere so its sucking air through ? they do split if they get old and brittle

1 - 20 of 30 Posts