KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a super adventure s now for a few months and have realised that the seat is like sitting on a plank of wood!!! I have this seat on the lower height setting. I went to the dealer to purchase the Ergo Seat, but they said it doesn’t have the same two seat settings? Can anyone advise? Thanks Pete

·
Registered
873 Posts
I’ve got an ergo seat on my 1190…can’t remember for sure and not home so I can’t look but i think that’s right, there’s only 1 fitting position.

I’m 5’9” and find it’s a bit tall but ok, and I normally ride in the 1 up and luggage setting as I prefer the slightly harder feel on the suspension on that setting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have had a super adventure s now for a few months and have realised that the seat is like sitting on a plank of wood!!! I have this seat on the lower height setting. I went to the dealer to purchase the Ergo Seat, but they said it doesn’t have the same two seat settings? Can anyone advise? Thanks Pete
Ergo seat for 2017 to 2020 Adventure S does have 2 seat height settings (like the standard one). Not sure about the 2021 model?

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
890 Posts
I’ve got an ergo seat on my 1190…can’t remember for sure and not home so I can’t look but i think that’s right, there’s only 1 fitting position.

I’m 5’9” and find it’s a bit tall but ok, and I normally ride in the 1 up and luggage setting as I prefer the slightly harder feel on the suspension on that setting.
There are two seat height positions on the 1190 PP seat (if it's the two-piece S seat). I'm a 6' racing stallion so I've got mine in the high position. You don't get adjustment if you have the one-piece R seat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
KTM ergo seat deffo does have the same settings as stock seat, i've got one fitted to my 2020 1290s and its a relevation compared to the rock hard stocker, same height settings too, i have mine on the lowest setting and after owning the bike since last September i have got used to not being able to get both feet flat on the ground at a standstill, i was daunted at first though....get one, they are well worth the money ,and KTM should have fitted it as standard!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 21 1290 SAS ergo seats seem to come in a low or high version (I've ordered the high). I can only do 2 hours max on the standard seat, then I have to get off. I remember watching the KTM promo, where they crowed about how the Team went back and re-designed the seat for more comfort- I dread to think what the original seat was like before we got the 'touring' plank.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The 2021 model does have height adjustable seat, although there is an issue with it dropping to the lower height they are trying to fix.

There are also multiple powerpart options, but delivery is slow!

The standard seat on the previous model (2017-2020) was brutal. Could do about half an hour before I wanted to set it on fire. Standard seat on the new 2021 model is comfortable for 2-3 hours, so definitely better. But I've just finally received ergo seat so will see how that is.

·
Registered
2021 1290 Adv SAS, 2003 Triumph Sprint ST 955i, 1996 Triumph T300 Special
2 Posts
I have the 2021 1290 SAS with the Ergo LOW seat. It's a one piece item.

Definitely better comfort than the stock one but if I am doing all day rides across Spain and Portugal (whenever that happens) I will take my modified Airhawk along.

Paul

·
Registered
154 Posts
The one piece seats don't height adjust, but the solo rider seats do.

Must be really low with the low seat as I'm 5' 10" am pretty much flat footed with the standard height seat!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do not like the two-piece seat arrangement, it's unnecessarily complicated and even easier to get the seat off with brute force. And how can they make a seat for a touring bike that isn't all day comfortable, out the box!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Separate seats doesn't bother me much.

There is a way to get the seat off without having to have ignition on and press the button anyway, so would never keep anything to valuable under there just in case!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts