KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
rebled the system by simply moving the tank back(closing the fuel taps and disconnecting the middle fuel hose) so still hooked up to some fuel. then opening the radiator cap and running bike for a bit to bleed. i think when the thermostat opens you need to turn off the bike, wait to cool, rinse and repeat till no more burps. you can help it along by burping the pipes.

i did try the whole raise in the air and fill etc etc. just a pita.

ive a feeling this could be done manually by turning the engine manually with a tool to get the waterpump going no?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
shes as ready as shes gonna be. pics uploaded in the album.

got the damaged akras on but turned the dents on the inside so cant see em.

the misfiring has gone. the bike is running like its meant to, like an absolute fooking beast 😂

the fan seems to control the heat a lot better with the 85c thermstat switch.

i just cant wait to ride the thing now, i went on a quick 25min run around at lunch but a proper ride looks like a must.

i did have the fuel light coming on at like 50 miles but i feel thats from the old exhausts having cats.

i am keep an eye out for a spare frame if it comes up

i ended up using the link pipe that came with the bike, it worked well enough, am losing a little bit of backpressure from some leaks in the exhausts but what ya gonna do.

a bonus of using the same link pipe i dont need to worry too much about massive difference in the map then.

also spreadsheet of parts cost below.

its probably cost me as much as going out and buying a ktm 990 sm but imo it was worth it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
It's been spotted all over Leeds. So we'll see. I wonder what insurance would value it at

61 - 67 of 67 Posts