KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My son have a sx50 16mod. The bike dont want to rev more than 11.500rpm. I have change stator,coil,new piston. Clean the carb and all the nozzle. When i clean the carb i see it missing the «nozzle skirt» on the main jet. Why it missing i dont know,previous owner maybe? I tought i have find the foult and i ordered a new one. When mounted it was exactly the same. I change piston today,all old parts was i good condition,the cylinder was fine. Have also change the clutch and clutch basket. The carb has orginal nozzle settings,95 main jet,idle jet 50 and 60 coldstart jet. 2nd position on needle. 3 turn on mix screw. New airfilter and new plug. The bike is starts easy on cold and warm,starts on first kick almost everytime. Everthing work normally,but not in the last bit of throttle. The sound can remind of a rev limiter. The sparkplugg is a little more black than normally so it seems it get enough gas,meabe to much. And i must turn the idle screw almost all the way in to get the bike to idle correct. I have also changed the gasoline tap and check the rest of gas line to carb. The son is complains on the effect and i dont know more parts i can change or look at. become very happy if someone has suggestions for a solution of this problem. Best regards Thomas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. This bikes revs a lot more than 11.500rpm. At our local mx club we have 4 sx50,all are from 2016 to brand new. And all revs a lot more,15-16000rpm. So somthing is wrong,i just cant figure out what. The sound on my sons bike is also different on top rev than the others,sounds sour on full throttle. Difficult explain the sound,but like a rev limiter or something isnt balanced.

·
Premium Member
7,496 Posts
I know nothing about these small bikes, but do they still have reeds? Are they ok and seated properly?

How old is the spark plug cap?

Is it burning any gearbox oil (bad crank seal)

Stator wire starting to earth out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. They have reeds and is checked, and is in fine condition. The stator,coil and cap is tried with a new one,still the same. I change oil after every training,about 1.5-2 hour driving on the oil. And i drain 190-200ml every time,so no oil is missing. Some people think it is too much and change the oil every time,but this is a cost of 2 euro. «discount on oil in the mx club». I think the earth is good enough,but course i can dobbel check this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts