KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here on it? Joined the Facebook group a few days ago... considering shooting myself already.

Those Americans and their fork bleeders...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Very useful for detailed and in depth technical information but stay out of the political/religious forums and try to laugh off the way they buy a brand new bike because it's a pound lighter than last year's and then bolt on three grands worth of "essential mods" that weigh a further 30 pounds. They are bonkers and generally complete fantasists.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Very useful for detailed and in depth technical information but stay out of the political/religious forums and try to laugh off the way they buy a brand new bike because it's a pound lighter than last year's and then bolt on three grands worth of "essential mods" that weigh a further 30 pounds. They are bonkers and generally complete fantasists.
You are spot on Al they are very strange them mericans..I read something last week about a yam tenere 700 the Yanks can't buy one yet but have already decided it will need new suspension a remap and alsorts of other bolt on shite it doesn't need never heard of one just putting fuel in a new bike and riding it..🙃... trouble is they have no sense of irony so you can't even joke about stuff...they would be fuked on here!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I worked for an American company for a couple of years. Pretty much everyone I dealt with was sound but it was a bit like invasion of the body snatchers. They talked English (sort of) and we had a lot in common but there was this underlying difference where they seemed to be a bit alien or missing part of their personality. They were also completely brainwashed by the American way of working as much as possible because that's what's important in life.

One of them literally asked me "what are you worth?".

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think if I was to be an American I’d want to be from New York / New Jersey... seems to be the only place where it’s acceptable to tell someone to go forth and multiply...

With you on the occult feeling though... everyone so positive and happy like it’s the twilight zone... weird. What’s wrong with being snarky and grumpy? Oh wait... sarcasm and irony not found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
We went to a cracking Italian restaurant in Quebec old town back in October. Not silly price but reasonably upmarket. It was full of elderly Yanks on coach trips and our neighbours were two couples, the men loudly discussing the mega deals they used to make and how much they had made, the women were rake thin ladies who lunch and do charity stuff discussing their shopping and jewellery.

All four of them were on the cheapest set two course menu and shared two deserts and barely rounded up the tip. Tight wasn’t the word for it but maybe that’s how they got their money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts