KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I would worry if i was a KTM dealer with all that stock sat about!! these dealerships no matter what franchise , bike hgv car...are all evil fucking bastards that have no regard for the dealer they just keep pushing you until you collapse..i speak from a small family business with a dealership that fucks you overo_O its boarder line weather we fuck them off after 30odd years.rant over:eek::D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was told same by ktm dealer, no more discounts!! But dealers have stacks of brand new bikes piled up, 6 days the lot ,never seen it before. Was mooching round premier yesterday got everthing in stock!!
Do you expect a dealer to tell you otherwise?

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
The dealers have to buy the bikes up front from KTM and probably pay the VAT/import duties. That’s a serious amount of working capital used/tied up. That has a knock on affect on how a business runs. Without decent cash flow any business is knackered. Even a great profit making business can go under if the cash flow stops- unless they’ve been saving for years/have huge resources for this moment?

I know I’d be very worried if I had twenty bikes sat in a showroom and not selling fast. You still have staff wages, bills etc to pay. Scary!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just bought a 300 six days and was told the vat free offer was not going to happen this year. That being said I managed to negotiate a good deal. Husqvarna are also open to negotiation at the minute.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I responded to a wanted add in Nov last year & sold my 2018 EXC 350 for £4800 54hrs on it. Plan was to buy new but as yet I haven't splashed out. Might just go back to using an old RFS model. Looking like there a lot less events in Scotland this year so do i really need a 9k bike. If i do buy I very much doubt it will be orange.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I responded to a wanted add in Nov last year & sold my 2018 EXC 350 for £4800 54hrs on it. Plan was to buy new but as yet I haven't splashed out. Might just go back to using an old RFS model. Looking like there a lot less events in Scotland this year so do i really need a 9k bike. If i do buy I very much doubt it will be orange.
So how much did you lose over what period? I.e. how much and when did you buy it?

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
I can’t believe you mud plugging perverts spend so much money on this Homo erotic past time. £9000 for a bike that will look like a shitter in 12 months ! You’re weird, I bet you go fishing too, sitting on a cold riverbank clad in green shit molesting fish

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Yeh and most of these bikes are still at the dealers, if not unsold then waiting for a warranty issue to be sorted.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Everyone needs to hold fire. Just don’t buy a 20 at all and make KTM sweat. Look at a nice 21 when they come out....possibly on a new pricing structure if they can’t sell any 20s.

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
I bet you go fishing too, sitting on a cold riverbank clad in green shit molesting fish
Hmmm, zip said he was going fishing last week....

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had a look over some 2020 Beta yesterday

They don’t look too shabby for the money and the RAcing versions do look well put together

21 - 40 of 60 Posts