KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a classic moment. As we're having a bit of a quiet night in my pub I thought I'd take the chance to catch up on goings on in the forum whilst sitting at the "right" side of the bar. Lad sidles up next to me and gawping at the laptop screen asks me "so do you ride bikes then or just look at the pictures?"
"Oh yes, I've got a bike" I tell him.
"What kind is it?"
"A KTM" I answer proudly, wondering if perhaps I've met a kindred spirit in what is a very popular area for roosting.
"KTM?" he puzzles, "...who makes them then?"

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Lol. Every kid on our street from pram to mountain bike knows what my bike is. They all want a KTM! The funniest thing they say to me is "Mister, I like your ktm....is it a 250?"

·
Ex 9fiddy sm'er
4,925 Posts
Fella asked me a while ago if it was made by Kawasaki (look at the signature pic and see if it's green!)

He now owns a X-Bow :D

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Just had a classic moment. As we're having a bit of a quiet night in my pub I thought I'd take the chance to catch up on goings on in the forum whilst sitting at the "right" side of the bar. Lad sidles up next to me and gawping at the laptop screen asks me "so do you ride bikes then or just look at the pictures?"
"Oh yes, I've got a bike" I tell him.
"What kind is it?"
"A KTM" I answer proudly, wondering if perhaps I've met a kindred spirit in what is a very popular area for roosting.
"KTM?" he puzzles, "...who makes them then?"
That's exactly the response that I love - seperates the men from the boys - an air of exclusivity and a form of social apartheid that keeps the hoi polloi in their place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts