KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:KTM will not rev
i bought a ktm 125 exc 2002 about 2 week ago as a none runner, i got it home and noticed the HT lead wasnt on so i put it on kicked it over and it started up, very rattly but reved up. since this i have put new piston rings in and sorted out the wiring loom, cleaned the carbs, reeds etc now its all back together it will start but sounds like its missing and when i try to rev it it just seems to choke, i am absolutly blagged can anyone help?

cheers guys
brad

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
Powervalve stuck? Look in the little cover on the left side of the cylinder, the linkage should move when you rev the motor.

Exhaust bunged solid with carbon?
Aircleaner restricted?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rite been in garage cleaned the power valve and gears put it back together, its not that, any other ideas? it seems to be getting fuel in the crank casing aswell

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would you say thats the main problem then? because when i take the reed valves out there always soaked too, the bike has ran prior to putting the piston rings in

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats when i strated back tracking but everything is in where it should be nothing out of place or anything

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No it's been stripped and rebuilt there's no left over bits lol but wiring loom was all over the place twisted together everywhere so I sorted all that or could this be the culprit??

·
Registered
940 Posts
it could be, when you say you sorted the wiring does that mean you twisted the wires together to reconnect them or did you do a proper job?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Proper job got all lights and indicators goin everything back to where it should be I think, the timings electronic isn't it?

·
Registered
940 Posts
if you some how shorted the cdi connections it would of damaged just that, but tbh if its electrical the problem could be almost impossible to find without swopping parts over

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ye it's an expensive check aswell lol I just wana make sure iv covered all other options maybe someone else has had the same problem

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm sure someone mentioned something to do with the carb to start with but you said it had all been put back together with no parts left out :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts