KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BORROW/BEG A PULLER FOR MY '03 625 SXC FLYWHEEL?

Starter is working intermittently-just a whirring noise. i thought it was either the intermediate gear on the end of the starter motor spline, or the reduction gear it meshes into-or maybe both, but both are perfect. When I turn the freewheel mechanism behind the flywheel it doesn't always catch...so suspect it's bolloxed. :confused:
I have a comp in the Pyrenees in a few weeks so need to sort it pretty soon. Any idea where i can grab a puller? Consensus suggests it's M33x1.5
You can mail me here, or on [email protected]. Thanks all. RC

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
ive got the inter gears and maybe a sprag if thats what it is matey. let me no

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sprag?

Sorry to appear so dense( it's 'cos I am) Would that be the freewheel thingy that the freewheel gear drives to spin up the motor?
If it is.....Where are you?
Thanks RC

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
sprag is the clutch that grips to start matey sits in back of flywheel, could be that worn or the spring holding it, or the strater gears, both common on the lc4. im in surrey

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sprag

Great stuff. It probably is that which is bolloxed. I just need the puller now to get the flywheel off.............
have you a moby number i can call you on?

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
ive got a puller here but prolly as fast or cheap to buy one from redline spares etc? my websites surreysupermotos.co.uk if you need to contact me, cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Puller

Hi there. I've contacted Redline, but they don't have them in stock and won't until mid-july. It's only 11 quid-ish!!
Happy to beg/borow/buy yours and pay postage if you were willing to any of those options. I'll have the sprag/spring too! The gear looks fine.
Please call me on 07803 165440 when you have some time. I've tried to contact your website but the administrator has put a message up to the effect that the site's down.

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
poxy tinternet il try get it sorted yeah i can send you my puller bont we be till monday now as i wont get time today, youl get it tuesday if i do first class recorded etc?

·
Registered
6,207 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oi...Oi..yer lippy bleeder:p...if you're on the boat, either get rowing or baling..don't just stand there taking the piss out of the slaves.
Whilst what you say is true...I seem to have more bleedin' tools that i'll never use again...full set 3/4" drive sockets...including Whitworth sizes, tool to put UJs in Fords, brake pipe swajing tools...a petrol welder/generator....but no bleedin' pullers. Threw a bead breaker away the other week...I'm bound to need it soon:hmh:

Sure i used to have pullers ( Universal ones...you know the ones, they fit everything very badly and then fly across the floor when they're at maximum tension) but they're nowhere to be found-maybe just as well ::rolleyes:

Anyway..back to the hunt. Thanks for the link...now get baling:)

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Oi...Oi..yer lippy bleeder:p...if you're on the boat, either get rowing or baling
i'm not getting on any boat that you're in charge of.........especially if you're the mechanic aswell as the captain. :D

i'm happy just sitting here on the fence.....;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've got universsal flywheel puller kit, not sure if it'll fit but i'm in rov'rum and work in sheffield, gis a shout if your stuck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that Brooky. Most kind, sir. I'm just up in Hoylandswaine, near Penistone, so I'll give you a shout if i don't manage to find the right one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts