KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a dumb question, but does anybody know where I can get a set of those Acerbis frame protectors.

Carbon fibre would be too bling and too expensive

Carbon effect on the bay are at best crap,

so, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I could be wrong. But I think Acerbis stopped making them and someone on here bought the last stock and distributed them amongst forum members a few months ago..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I noticed that thread and saw that the last of them were gone, but you dont get if you dont ask as they say.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Drop Worrybrother a PM. He was the chap who organised it all and I seem to remember him having a set to sell?!

But the ones we bought were the last of all the stock in the world as far as we know. Haven't seen any on eBay for ages. If you can be arsed, you could buy some of the carbon effect ones makes a mould and get some vac formed?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Just bouncing ideas around. Do you think graphix vinyl would offer significant protection? and failing that, what about skateboard grip tape... Probably a bit harsh on boots. Something I've wondered about.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Ahh wicked, taa.. If he doesn't spot this thread I will pester him with a PM.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I emailed a couple of the sellers on fleabay to see if they produced the plain version as opposed to fake carbon and 1 replied that he bought fake carbon material by the ton and had no black plastic in stock, the other however offered me plain black for the same cost and all I had to do was add a note when paying to change from the original listing.

So in a sense I am sorted, however, I have PM'd Worry Brother in the hope that he has 1 pair left as the Acerbis version has MUCH nicer shape.

Thanks for the replies guys,

Dave

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
I emailed a couple of the sellers on fleabay to see if they produced the plain version as opposed to fake carbon and 1 replied that he bought fake carbon material by the ton and had no black plastic in stock, the other however offered me plain black for the same cost and all I had to do was add a note when paying to change from the original listing.
Good to know. I bet there's a few on here that missed out on the Acerbis ones that would jump at the chance of the other type in plain black.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Taa for the pics. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the faux carbon looks naff. Pics when you get them please Parkster.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The seller emailed last night to ask if I wanted shiny plain plastic or texture (a little like leather) his words and not mine, so it looks like he has three options now as opposed to just the fake carbon he advertises.

Fingers crossed they arrive by the weekend.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts