KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother's after a KTM SM - 640 LC4 or a 625 SMC, pref orange or black, '03 - '05 for about £2.5k - anyone know of any?

Cheers!

·
Registered
146 Posts
There's an 05 lc4 640 on gumtree(edinburgh,second page) for £800, the ad states that it needs a stator plate and that the shrowds are cracked and that its got 18/21 wheels on at the moment(dos'nt say if he has originals).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate but we want something that doesn't need work ;)
There's an 05 lc4 640 on gumtree(edinburgh,second page) for £800, the ad states that it needs a stator plate and that the shrowds are cracked and that its got 18/21 wheels on at the moment(dos'nt say if he has originals).

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
bargin, link please. had a search cant find it

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah 70k put me off a tad ;-)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE: We picked up a '05 660 SMC from fEll3 on Sunday - top bloke and crackin bike, my brother f'in loves it!

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Berg has captivated me, I will never part with it :)
And you shouldn't! they are wonderful bikes!

Oil every 500-1000 miles (road use), feels like night and day with my old SMC, different bikes though innit . . .
you might want to lower that a bit!
i did changed the oil every 2nd fill up and checked the valve clearances and oil filter every 4th oil change.
the oil I used was Putoline 10/50w synthetic, but I then switched to Millers oils.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts