KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I fitted some arrow LED indicators to my KTM 640 LC4 twin pipe a month ago and ordered the necessary flasher resistors, but before i got a chance to fit them, the exhausts had sent the rear indicators flying after a day out. So to get around this i decided to buy some Flexible LED strips and mount them above the light.
I think they look good, and look even better at night, that there worthy of sharing them on here. Let me know what you think... Copyright to me lol.. Cheers

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate, i got them off a friend whos selling them in hes shop.. only cost a tenner

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
very nice and dare i say looks just like mine i did last year. do the front as well cos it looks cool too. mine just had an mot and passed fine with these. ask tats

M

·
0 Posts
very nice and dare i say looks just like mine i did last year. do the front as well cos it looks cool too. mine just had an mot and passed fine with these. ask tats
Thought it looked familiar, knew someone else with a black LC4 done it. :D

Does look tidy though and as Orbiter said, do the front too, can have indicators mounted on the handguards.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yup was me. :D ive got my fronts in the v above the headlight and i painted them black to blend in abit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
yup was me. :D ive got my fronts in the v above the headlight and i painted them black to blend in abit.
Can you post a link as to where you've got them from - I've be trying to find some waterproof LED strips to do something similar with.

M

·
0 Posts
I've seen the same LEDs on ebay in colors red,amber,green,blue,white etc. Charvers use the white ones stuck to the front of the car to mimic the look of the new Audis

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ave you got any pics of them?? i only realy done it on the back so my exhausts cant break them again.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

i got them off gaybay last year, prob from the same chap missy was talking about:)

M

·
0 Posts
Orbiter: Very sweet job on the bike there. Looks very smart. :cool:
No problems at MOT time with the spacing?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that looks good i was thinking of having them at the front but there not technically legal and didnt want to push my luck that much :) have you got any photos of the rear ones?? cheers

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
thanx bud....

i would have posted the pix again of my bikes rear. but yours are the same, the bike is the same colour. you even have the same rear tyre and pipes. lol

as for the front there is a lip where the mask and the speedo meet and its just right for the lights to fit in. as for mots i just needed a new rear brake disk.

M

·
0 Posts
It's a brilliant idea though. I'd thought of the LED indicators mounted into the handguards, and fitting micro HID spot lamps where the indicators used to be, didn't think of putting LED strip indicators where you did tho Orbiter, but I'd filled that space with a red strobe one for the alarm so my bike looks like a Cylon lol! Might have to do what you done, looks neat. :D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
It's a brilliant idea though. I'd thought of the LED indicators mounted into the handguards, and fitting micro HID spot lamps where the indicators used to be, didn't think of putting LED strip indicators where you did tho Orbiter, but I'd filled that space with a red strobe one for the alarm so my bike looks like a Cylon lol! Might have to do what you done, looks neat. :D
bet yours looks well fun with your headlight and cylon strobe. you can always change things around to suit what you need tho. i did think about mounting the indicators on the handguards but it didn't look right to me.

M

·
0 Posts
bet yours looks well fun with your headlight and cylon strobe. you can always change things around to suit what you need tho. i did think about mounting the indicators on the handguards but it didn't look right to me.
The other option would be mirrors with indicators built in but didn't like the idea of that, the mirrors were a bit big.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts