KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else used these products?
I ordered an HID Xenon kit that comes complete with a relay, ballast and loom. The bulb doesn't physically fit into the KTM bulb holder and it seems like a very over-complicated way to achieve the result.
Customer service is really slow, I'm still sending pictures and info back and forward.

Any experience ?

Thanks

Gavin

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After now being into the 4th month of back and forward with these guys, they tell me to install as per the photo.
They have obviously never fitted one of their kits to this model of bike before.

Buyer Beware!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I guess the problem your having is holding the bulb in securely. When I fitted an led bulb in my bike, I hacked apart the oem bulb retaining thingy so I was just left with a ring that held the bulb in. That allows the back of the bulb and the wires to poke out the back. I'll have a look in ive got any pick, but if I havnt ill have to wait til I can go up my parents house where my bike is when all this blows over.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, don't worry about the pics - the kit is meant to be plug and play. If it was my last and only option, I'd modify it, but I think I'll keep stock and add some aux led lights .

Cheers

gav

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ive had a look and I dont think I took any. Depending what you want to use the lights for, your probably batter off going to auxiliary lights. The Led in mine is ok for slowish trail riding just after dusk, but for any decent riding I always use my aux lights. Mine are just cheapy chinese ones like these 2X 4" 18W CREE LED Spot Work Light Bar Offroad Truck 4X4 SUV ATV + Wiring Kit 611720067527 | eBay and they arr great for off road up to about 40mph, for more than that it needs big money, but for winter training both me and my brother find them more than enough. Go for the spots rather than the floor, there is enough spread close in front of the bike to see ruts and a good distance view. As for morning, I spent ages fannying about with differeny options like indicator mounts from an old Ktm and cheapy ebay bits, but have finally done what I should have done in the first place and bought some made for the job brackets from Zen overland, but don't know if they still make.them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know Gabe well at Zen, actually got my wee led spots from him, great engineer. Fitted now and will test tomorrow night.
The kit I got from ledperf is actually an HID kit and has a loom, power pack, ballast and relay, which is not really a great option to try and place around an exc.....
Was given an LED spot that I'll hook up and see what the pattern is like.

Cheers

Gav

·
Registered
442 Posts
Has he shut up show now? He had stopped seeing on ebay when I bought mine so I bought via his site, but that appears to have gone now. The brackets are great bits of kit. Me and my brother have got the ali ones for the machined clamps and my dad has got the stainless one thats bent to shape for the cast clamps. A lot more secure than the previous mounts with no shake.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he and the family are doing a bit of off-grid living, so I'd guess the unit may be gone, but not sure? Facebook page not been posted on for a long time by the looks of it. I think we're talking about the same small spot lamps. I mounted mine from the barkbusters handlebar clamp, will see how that goes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts