KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, trying to find pair of what title says, for some reason havent found pair yet. Maybe my googling just sucks lol. Anyone with recommendations ? For some reason i dont quite like the idea of having full alubar in front of my fingers or my wrist if something hits the fan :) Also its for sumo bike so no woods sessions.

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
Search “motorcycle hand guards” on eBay, there are hundreds of different designs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Search “motorcycle hand guards” on eBay, there are hundreds of different designs.
Its more of im looking for lever protectors with small wind protection, not the full size alu bars. Also im not really into china stuff. Cheap is good but too cheap isnt always good. Only good set i have found until now is this one:

Quick edit:i also wouldnt buy cheap alu bar if i would be looking one cause i dont want it to snap and do nasty stuff...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive got Acerbis X-force ones, the arm of the guards that mounts onto the bar wraps underneath the mater cylinders so provides a little bit of lever protection bit I wouldn't say they'd stop your levers snapping.
If you want to protect levers snapping then i'd buy PVC liners to go inside the clamps so that the levers rotate on the bars when you drop the bike.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Did you see this pic... aluminium lever protector bars can have a downside! I guess this guy went over the bars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you see this pic... aluminium lever protector bars can have a downside! I guess this guy went over the bars.
View attachment 37906
Did see that one, got cold shiver from it :D tho i dont know if its problem when you have them fitted downwards like they should be and u know the ones that also set lower than the handlebar itself :/ dunno, But im not driving my smc in forest so i dont see the alubars as good option as the one i linked above. Also more room for your hands :)

Edit: i think i should clarify, by lever protector i mean the ones that only attach to ends of handlebar like the linked one. I dont think alubars are called lever protector but just handguards with aluminum support ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts