KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all, it's getting darker earlier and my Thursday evening rides are now ending with a very slow ride through very dark woods.....so it's time to beef up my lighting! Thinking of upgrading the light on the 300Exc and KDX220R to HID Xenon lights - has anyone done this? Anyone know if it would do any good? And if it is possible on those bikes? Also thinking that a helmet mounted light would be a good idea too, get some depth perception and be able to see where the bars aren't pointing. Anyone got any experience of these?

Ideally I want enough light to be able to run at full speed in full darkness.....

Cheers all

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
NikNak had a trailtech twin HID setup on his 250. Very bright but needs a full dc conversion.

Its better to convert to dc anyhow for night riding, cos if you have an off and the engine stops you still have lights ;)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
we have a double trailtech halogen that just plugs in, its really bright ample for night riding quick, mine is full hid but is its not allways pointing were i want to go so not really needed for all the money..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts