KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pulled in Ludford this Morning - doing 30 in a 30.

Illegal small reg plate - £60 fine.

Charming Bike Cop who took great pleasure in beng officious - apparently they are really clamping down on this.................................

Oh well it could have been worse - still:wanker:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size plate did you have on at the time? I've got a 7x5 and no probs yet....fingers crossed
Same as yours I'm afraid.

Got breathalysed as well! - Over keen youngster.:confused:

I asked him if he booked the kids in the Corsa's with dodgy plates as well and he told me that he worked Cadwell one weekend booking more cars than bikes.

He works from Louth so Willingham Woods / Cadwell riders look out. He seems to enjoy his job if you know what I mean. I didn't even have a loud pipe to make him look up. He was parked off the bike with his lid off and I'd obviously been that much of a law breaker to make him do his CHIPS impression.:wanker:

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Back in my sportsbike days i got pulled over coming through there on my way home. I wasn't speeding because people had been flashing me for about 3miles before i saw them parked up at the side of the road. I was in heavy traffic and as i passed them i saw them move off trying to cut into the traffic and would guess they were a good 100m behind me,then the blues n twos came on and saw them in my mirrors agressively trying to get past the cars. When they finally got behind me,i moved aside so they could pass but they guestured at me to pull over and stop,again quite agressively so i gave the thumb up and carried on to a safe place on a side road since the road was very busy and only a drainage ditch to the side of the road.
Pulled over,passenger jumps out with his hand on his side arm(yes,a gun cop) shouting 'why did you not pull over???' whilst trying to pull me off my bike. Now anyone who's met me will know i aint a small bloke to try and pull about and swiftly knocked his hand off my jacket.The driver at that point was coming over and cuts between myself(i am still straddled on my bike) and the badboi cop which i guess prevented him making a fool of himself so i took off my helmet and refused to acknowlege badboi and only spoke to the decent one. He asked me to get in the car to take my details etc which was no problem and badboi cop was left near my bike and proceeded to look it over(checking the standard exhaust and tyres) whilst i gave my details to the decent cop.
After checking my details were all good,i gets out the car and was about to bid a good day when badboi pulls out his officially highlighted rule to measure up my number plate which fell just millimetres short of legal and gave me a £30 fine for it. Proper bell end,and i told him so whilst he was writing out the ticket along with many other names since i could see it was bringing flashbacks to his bullied schooldays.
Ohh,i also recommended he does the physical restraint techniques course again or better still,come to my self defence class for a one on one.(i was big into that stuff back then).

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Think back to your schooldays ................. the numpties at the bottom of the class were usually screened by the Careers Adviser as follows - Thick, very limited brain functionality and physically large - join the army as a cook; thick and some limited brain functionality - join the local Council as a street sweeper; thick and with a personality disorder - join the police.

Cannot think of one single clever (or pleasant) person from school who ever signed up for a career in the police. This perhaps explains why when my house was burgled they scored zero, when a friend's daughter was assaulted they scored zero and when my neighbour fitted a 'personalised' number plate they swooped on him with an urgency more suited to a Mr Big of the underworld.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
nice to see you hate the police as well as the Fire Servivice resti !!! how about the ambulance set up ?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
i got pulled just off the big roundabout near Ebsfleet train station (known locally as the magic roundabout) - young guy who was clearly under pressure to 'clamp down' on bikers actually enjoying the roads we pay to use (can't have that now can we?) - a lot of tedious sh*te about unnecessery journey(?), speed etc. he actually said "the speed limit on that road is 40mph and although i can't prove you were exceeding that limit i'm pretty sure you were" eh?? any thing else you can't prove i did officer? bank jobs? robberys? chuck em all in...
i was entirely legal (for a change), exhaust, clear visor, speed, the lot - except that is for my 7 x 5 plate - and, after a lot of drivel about safety cheerfully told me has was going to issue a ticket for it - £60.
i complained "that's just really petty - what's a small plate got to do with safety, how am i 'safer' with a plate the size of a barn door? i've done bike safe twice etc etc..."
and, after a little more polite complaining, astonishingly, he had a change of heart... i couldn't believe it.
so - Kent police: can be reasonable if you politely moan a little...

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
My total respect is reserved for those chappies who man the lifeboats - the RNLI guys are real men (and women) - they put their lives on the line in truly abominable conditions, they don't bleat about their terms and conditions and have Union reps ............. and they don't do it for the money. First class chaps - every single one of them.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Traffic cops will do there own granny for a ticket sometimes :dozey:, most are just sticklers for the Road Traffic Act, you do sometimes get some good eggs who actually have a love of bikes, but due to the minority of what is sub division of the Police or "traffic nazis" all cops get tarred with the same brush. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I used to have a motorcycle shop, we had a sign above the counter that said "10% discount to the three emergency services - Fire, Ambulance and the AA

1 - 20 of 26 Posts