KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
yeah, im in and backflip king on his mighty 300 (hoping it will do more than half a lap this time) and colin 01. we all entered over 40s this time to give the clubmen a chance!;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent ridden long mynd since 2000!!!!! was mega then so hoping its the same.... really looking forward to it, aint raced this year yet due to slipped disc!!

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
i'm sure i won it with my m8 in the 90's great course half one way, then the other half the other way.........or was it the club race i cant remember.....just do it :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm pretty sure youll make a mess of us lot........ i'll be happy to last 3hrs but might put a show on for the spectators ha ha

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hi Gents,

Looking forward to meeting up with Backflip king at Long Mynd (I've got his ol' 200 EXC), I missed the Brinks due to a family holiday.

I'm down for scruitneering the bikes & marshalling along with Silverfox & Mike VT, just got in from the pub (ah-hem - race prep) and the event sec mentioned a couple of areas that may be a bit tricky on the moorland area.... it sounds like fresh rubber may be the order of the day, especially if it pisses it down (again).

I'm pretty sorted for the event.... new genny, beer fridge, heating for the van and 3g for the lappy..... happy camping!!

See you all there.

RTS

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well its here.... bikes fully prep'd...not sure about the rider tho ha ha not ridden since feb or raced since july last year, if you see me no 72 on my arse somewhere say hello!!! good luck to all those riding an maybe bump into you tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Good effort all of you who entered... I'd done a few laps over the weekend & it wasn't too bad.

There was a git of a log that we cut out (literally with a chain saw) as you entered the last section of woods before you cut over the start area - that was a slippy [email protected] with little run up at an slight angle. We also cut out some of the stuff that was getting trashed near the end - though that did lead to a fast fire road section that the top lads were hooning down.

Next year should be interesting, the moorland should be back in... it was left out as even our expert riders were finding it a touch tricky in the direction we were running the track - and as most of the alley ways in the trees are now fooked we've been warned that there is some serious course clearing to do next year.

RTS

·
Registered
454 Posts
Good effort all of you who entered... I'd done a few laps over the weekend & it wasn't too bad.

There was a git of a log that we cut out (literally with a chain saw) as you entered the last section of woods before you cut over the start area - that was a slippy [email protected] with little run up at an slight angle. We also cut out some of the stuff that was getting trashed near the end - though that did lead to a fast fire road section that the top lads were hooning down.

Next year should be interesting, the moorland should be back in... it was left out as even our expert riders were finding it a touch tricky in the direction we were running the track - and as most of the alley ways in the trees are now fooked we've been warned that there is some serious course clearing to do next year.

RTS
yes well done everybody it was a propper old school h&h but run with expertise by the manchester 17 club,i loved it bring on next year may even do the brinks next time too well done all.

·
Registered
75 Posts

RTS
From reading Geriants quotes at the end were there some moans from people about the difficulty of the course?

Big thanks to everyone involved, especially to the big lad who rode the last 5 miles with me at the end. Cracking event, will definatly enter again next year.

Dave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts