KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening Ladies

As the title suggests, I have been on bikes my entire life, literally. Started on a monkey bike with training wheels as soon as I could walk (thanks dad) and slowly progressed through the different stages, quads, then to mx bikes and eventually superbikes.

Owned my fair share of the Japs and Italians through out the years but never been on an Orange.

Actually passed up on an RC8 to buy an RSV4 a couple years back and still not sure I made the right decision.

Moved up to the UK just over a year ago and have been craving that two wheeled endorphin fuelled feeling so here I am.

Decided to try something different so went with a supermoto this time. A 2009 KTM 690 SMC to be exact. Wouldn't be surprised to find out some of the bikes previous owners are on here.

In my 30's but by no means grown up at all so want to hoon around on it from time to time (obviously in safe area so as not to upset anyone), really keen to learn to ride it like a proper SM, backing it in etc.

Just waiting for the lockdown to lighten a bit and they will be delivering the bike to me.

I have one or two questions, did a bit of searching but not really found anything specific.

1) In terms of Supermoto is it advisable to ride with a dualsport helmet, does it help with anything?

2) What is the best way to keep my SMC safe? Chain and lock, disc lock, front brake lock, seen so many options, which one is the best deterrent.

Any who thanks for letting me waste your time reading my introduction, I'll be doing more of that for the foreseeable future.

Cheers
Kyle

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hello & Welcome

I will answer your questions from my knowledge.

1) In terms of Supermoto is it advisable to ride with a dualsport helmet, does it help with anything?

I have worn all types, it all depends on what you are doing. I currently wear full face for road bike and dualsport for enduro (I have MX helmet, which I used to wear for enduro).

2) What is the best way to keep my SMC safe? Chain and lock, disc lock, front brake lock, seen so many options, which one is the best deterrent.

Have as much security as you can afford. Good starting point is ground anchor and big fuck of chain and padlock. Removing the wheels is the best option I have heard of (that would stop most thieves in their tracks)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts