KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been offered a 6 month contract in Livingstone and the money is to good to turn it down.

Now they want me to start on Monday so won't have time to sort out a house share before then so I need to find a B&B for the first week or two.

I'll be working in Livingston so really looking for west side of the city or anywhere that's 20 mins ride away.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
There's that place over by West Calder that is run by a homicidal, axe wielding metrosexua,l with a flair for 02.00 hrs arson attacks. Or East Whitburn is a possibility with its monuments to economic deprivation and cultural stagnation.

West Lothian is a lot cheaper than Edinburgh for digs - the further West that you go the cheaper it gets - until you leave West Lothian and end up at Her Majesty's Prison Shotts - where digs are really cheap. Nice easy commute via Headless Cross and Dreich Breich into Livingstone - where the sun has set on the electronics industry.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decided to go for cheap and cheerful for the first couple off weeks.

Going to take my camping gear with me and find a campsite whilst I look for digs, guessing that once I get onsite for the job might find something available from someone there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
theres a campsite at LInwater take ten minutes to get to Livingston..mate you drew the short straw being sent to West Lothian...the one good thing is we are real close to some fantastic bike roads...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres a campsite at LInwater take ten minutes to get to Livingston..mate you drew the short straw being sent to West Lothian...the one good thing is we are real close to some fantastic bike roads...
Hmmmm I was wondering why the company in question are paying £125 more a day for this site over their London one, guess I know why now :)

Plan is to just be there Monday to Friday then head out and explore at the weekends.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
make hay when the sun shines dude!
To right, the way stuff is at the moment I may have a 3-4 month layoff after this contract. That's why I'm jumping on the bike and going up there, work is far to volatile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a look at Linwater and looks like I might be staying in one of these for a couple of weeks. At least it will be warmer than the tent and has electricity, fridge and kettle. Just need to cook outside.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
^^
I once stayed in one of those!!! hahaha happy little rutting hut!! if its the same as the place i stayed they called them wigwams for some reason!! not bad and some are bigger than others.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers for all the help and suggestions guys.

Had an offer of a couple of days with one of the guys from another forum I'm on and had an email from the client not the agency and they are going to sort me out with something by mid of next week

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Decided to go for cheap and cheerful for the first couple off weeks.

Going to take my camping gear with me and find a campsite whilst I look for digs, guessing that once I get onsite for the job might find something available from someone there.
Mate,your hardcore...camping up here!!!

Its getting to be like `fresh air fortnight` ...

As has been said...West Lothian is cheap...try Armadale/Bathagte for digs mate...cheap communting to Livi!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know of a very good one in Livingstone (Victoria Falls) Zambia :) :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts