927 Posts
You have an email.

Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eric/ Mike,
I've just bought a nice Adventure with the Traveller luggage option . Looking forward to getting to grips with it over the next few weeks and hopefully participating in the forum. I'm really chuffed to get an Adventure, I do a lot of trail riding and wanted something a bit bigger than the 250s I normally ride in order to be able to cover higher daily mileages. I rode an LC4 Adventure some years and it's one of the few [the only?] modern adventure bikes I've come across with proper off road capability.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Best of luck with the bike Robbie. I'm collecting my second one in a few weeks. Deposit paid and cannot wait to collect it. My second one. Shouldn't have sold the first. You have to lose it to realise what you had although the 950 adv s has been great for laning and events in the last 2 years.

Reactions: MikeS

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hi Eric,

You've got me thinking, perhaps I should hang onto the old girl, too many memories for her to be discarded so lightly, and as you say a really useful bike. Oh damn, I'll have another dram and think about it...............

Mike

Reactions: EricKTM

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I now have two bikes that I will never sell.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well chaps,
I collected he bike tonight and rode it home 120 miles in the dark along deserted country roads. Not a bad way to bond with a new bike At first it felt like I was riding a very torquey set of stepladders but once I'd got used to the lofty riding position I soon settled in. The engine got noticeably smoother, especially in the final hour of the three hour ride. This is a phenomenon I've heard about with the LC4 and it was interesting to experience it first hand.
I really like the bike and this particular example seems like a good 'un.
Rob

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
In my experience, when they start running well they are about to break ;)

Hope you enjoy it and get out exploring things on it. It's a good choice :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts