KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS the title says looking for a new mountain bike around the £500 mark i no they some keen mountain/trail riders on here, whats the best out there at the moment
so far rode a Specialized Hardrock which i liked
GT Avalanche Disc 2.0 which not that impressed with
going on a gaint revel 2 next week see what that's like they are just a selection of what local bikes shops had and advise would be great

·
Registered
179 Posts
around 500 quid, specialized, trek, kona, gt, boardman etc are much of a muchness. All good bikes. You'll gain on some components and lose on others. £500 is entry to mid-level price, so don't go for full suspension as it will be shite. Go for a reasonable frame and then you can always upgrade the components when they wear out or you break them.

find the one that you feel most comfortable on.

£500 will by you a reasonable 2nd hand bike on singletrackworld

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
As above, most of it will be down to what make you like but best to have a sit / ride if possible to see how it feels . Ive got a 4 yr old scott and id like to change it but what stops me is i feel so comfortable on it and im so use to it , and it does the same as a new one would ..Before this i had a Kona and just couldnt feel right on it so it had to go . £500 will get you a fair bike but there are some great used buys on ebay etc

·
Registered
179 Posts
also , what type of riding you planning doing? Cross country & jumpy stunty frames have different geometrys and different weights.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers doing green lanes/ bridal paths /woods and a bit of road work not bothered about full suspension will keep trying till i find something that feels right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts