KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to feel a slight loss of power and accelleration when shifting into 3rd, kind of seems like 3rd gear is lot taller than1st and 2nd, as speed and pull picks up when shifting to 4th. I have done the green wire mod which made the bike more responsive in these gears. Got the akra map with an akra end can and have rode with the airbox lid off and found the bike more powerful but still felt this slight loss of power? It seems like the bike picks up more speed towards the end of the powerband in gear 3 making me think it is a tall gear? I am making sure to shift at the right rpm too. I am wondering if all 690 smcs are like this or maybe there is a slight glitch in the fuelling here that tuneboy etc could sort out? Or maybe a 15tooth front sprocket will cure this?
All suggestions will be appreciated...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I experience the same. Feels like 3rd gear is very tall compared to 2nd gear. And the percieved power loss is probably due to that.

I wish 1st was a little taller, and 3rd just a little shorter.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad it isnt just my bike then! Do you think a 15 tooth front spocket will help to smoothit out a bit?

·
Registered
352 Posts
going down a tooth at the front is always a good option on the 690's. Its so cheap that if you dont like it, change back and youve only lost a tenner.

Its really easy to do as long as you have a torque wrench so do it yourself, dont bother with a garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts