KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to loose 15-25mm of the ride height if poss. Can this be done?

If so how?

Does it effect performance/handling?

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
I lower my bikes and fit a low seat to help me dab and also it makes the bike feel lighter.

You can fit bar risers and push the forks up through the yokes, can get about 40mm.

You can fit a 00 to 06 SX (07 EXC) shock which will lower the back end by about 25mm. I need to check that measurement myself soon as I have an SXS shock from an early bike to try in the 2011 250.

Or get someone like On Track Racing (Chris Byron) to revalve, respring and shorten the suspension to suit your riding style and weight. It will transform your bike.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
30 - 31" I'm about 5ft 9"

Sent OTR an enquiry and ordered my low seat, can't wait to dab without leaning over/falling off lol.

Might re name myself stumpy.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Im having this problem. Im 5' 4.5" with an inside leg of 30" and have to lean over to dab unless im in a rut...:D

I would really like someone who nows how to set the suspension and bike up properly for my height to do it. Any one in the South East that can? or im prepared to travel a bit if it can be done while I wait.

Nick

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may be wrong but if you're semi able with a spanner just whip the shock an forks of and send em. It wont cost much to send and you can insure them to. The rest is done on the phone.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
30 - 31" I'm about 5ft 9"

Sent OTR an enquiry and ordered my low seat, can't wait to dab without leaning over/falling off lol.

Might re name myself stumpy.
i'm 5"11 on one leg and 5"10 on the other lol hence the name due to biking accident in 02 with a 32" inside leg. Chris OTR lowers the newer ktms' by 6-10mm as standard and with a standard seat fitted i dont have a problem with touching the floor
if i feel the need to dab. Low seats are great help but not for the arse there not.

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
I just tried my 06 shock in Brompton's 10 bike.

24mm lower. Perfect ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Chipy25. Where abouts in East Sussex are you? I'm desperately trying to find my first KTM at the moment and then will be after people to ride with.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Chris did mine at OTR he lowered it by 40mm as im only 5. 4 and 28" inside leg. works perfect and i dont have a problem with it sumping out going over logs or rocks. Whip em off and post them up to him well worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts