KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve a set of GT luggage coming but they have no keys. I can get new locks ordered from KTM to suit the key number I suppose but has anyone fitted the new locks themselves or is it a trip to the dealer?

·
Registered
350 Posts
You can do it yourself. Instructions should come with it but just in case :

I've recently had the whole mechanism off. Looking at the instructions you may not need to pull that out but if you do watch out as the closure hooks and springs can go flying if you're not careful when you slide the unit out from the case.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The instructions give info on coding the locks but not how to remove from the case

Are there any instructions for this please?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Tony .. Thanks for the reply

I managed to make a tool and remove the barrel, it's quite easy, I now need 2 no2 Wafers though, have put out a call to see if anyone has any spares from replacing the locks

Mak

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve a set of GT luggage coming but they have no keys. I can get new locks ordered from KTM to suit the key number I suppose but has anyone fitted the new locks themselves or is it a trip to the dealer?
Got the barrels I needed and did them myself its a little fiddly but not to tricky videos on YouTube arevhelpful

1 - 9 of 9 Posts