Registered
9,896 Posts
Someone get a Long way round box set for their birthday:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't be so lazy! Ride there, turn around, then ride back:scooter:
It's the time off Craig! If I had the time and the coin I'd go east and keep going ;)

Someone get a Long way round box set for their birthday:rolleyes:
Young man don't talk such pish! :rolleyes:

Have a look here and here ;)

I've got a plan hatching for 2012 :D

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
You're coming with me ain't youse? :)
Ahh ................ yes - I forgot that bit :rolleyes:

So what is the plan? Start at Magadan and ride back? Or ride to Magadan and transport back. I have to say it sounds better saying "when I rode to Magadan" than "when I got my bike transported to Magadan and I rode it back"

Where is Magadan anyway? Suppose I shouldda looked before I volunteered to go with ya eh :D

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Surely your gonna have to get GS's and matching jackets before you go?:p

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a look here 666 MotoSiberia Evil

Magadan is the third pin from the left. I agree to what you say Pete, but it's the time it'll take. Magadan to Ulanbatar will probably take around 6-7 weeks.

Surely your gonna have to get GS's and matching jackets before you go?:p

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Watch the other vids im in total stitches watching it.:D

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Gav

Go and look at HC travel.

Here`s some ideas from the comfort of the living room in Glasgow mate.

HC travel airfreights the bikes to Japan from pickup of your choice or ride them to Manchester to freight,then ferry back to Vladivostock...then home by the road of bones etc...road trip taking your time.

Next one is taking the Shuttle to Calais.Then the train with bikes on it through Europe;Berlin/Warsaw/Minsk/Moscow....get on the Trans Siberian to Vladivostock and then ride home.
`
That`s what i would go for...fly then ride back.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Gav & Shep the DVD? ;)

Cool link on adv.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Horizons Unlimited - THE Motorcycle Travel site will be a good source of information for you though as we speak I believe there are no organised freight carriers to magadan only rumours the air magadan service might restart.
If moneys no object you could charter an aircraft ;-)

Shipping to Vlad is probably your best bet, the site above will find you good suppliers of tyres etc who will ship to various destinations in Russia (The LC8's maintanence schedule and tyre life were logistical PITA for me as didnt have limitless funds, shipping was expensive and I carried spare tyres and oil/filters with me)

I had a crack at Russia last summer only to be turned away from the border (Rus/ukranian & Rus/LV) due to the fact that we planned to tow two bikes east for reasons of economy and speed before taking a slow route back by bike. the fact we had visas didnt help.

hth and good luck

Had planned to return next summer (this summer I've been busy looking after some of the friends I made on last years trip here in england) but split up with the missus after 11yrs and pressing issues like a place to live etc mean it probably wont get done till 2012, so see ya there maybe ;-)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts