KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about a using them for a new bike, anyone had any dealings with them?

Fozzy - its your neck of the woods, any experiences?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Bought 3 1x90 Adventures from Premier who are very good, and know a fantastic Yamaha dealer if that helps ;-)

Both are privately / family owned, I think this often makes a difference, same with my preferred indie dealer who I have now used for 36 years.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Not bought a bike from M&P but did buy a "new" rear tyre from them which when it turned up was over 6 years old!! Ended up sending it back for a refund which to be fair they paid without any problem.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was on a trip to Wales a few months ago when I got MTC failure. Was in Brecon Beacons so not far from M&P. Went there for some assistance. Got absolutely none. They couldn't of been less interested if they tried. I called Colwyn Bay from M&P car park and they sorted issue over the phone. Stone caught in exhaust flapper mechanism. M&P customer service is shocking. Fuck them and spend your money elsewhere.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Buy plenty of parts from them, a mate has a decent deal on a 790 adventure, they tried it in picking faults with his px when he turned up saying fork seals we're fucked but it was rhino goo ,. After explaining they took the bike, decent place for a visit and walk about, cafe ect , loads if bike gear and decent deals, what you after

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,154 Posts
I went there once and had a nose round the shop upstairs and there was fuck all in it. Wanted some new base layers. Ask the spotty youth who was standing there scratching his arse if that was all they had in stock, and he sniffed and said we're a mail order company mate and then fucked off.
Breakfast in the cafe was shit as well.

I've bought stuff from them online with no issues but I don't reckon it's worth a visit in person for a day out. Better off going to the Touratwat store.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mate bought one of the last Honda VFR 800 from them, very happy with the deal.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Good deals to be had there on kit and bikes but never ever go to them for a service or any warranty claims.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just had my bike serviced there and a warranty item done . Despite them having the bike 3 weeks earlier to take pictures and contact ktm they denied having seen it before at the service.
I bought my bike and had the first service at premier bikes and should have taken it back there. They really do look after you.
Additionally m & p didn't have a dedicated ktm salesman and couldn't advise me on luggage options. They are very poor on customer interaction and don't make you feel very welcome. The cafe is nice though.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be honest the dealings so far with them have been really good and much better than others over the last 6 months.
When you contact or walk into a dealer saying you are interested in a new bike you would think that they would be eager to spend 5 miutes with you but this just isn't the case with the last few KTM dealers.

I had a test ride booked with Fowlers last week and after going through all the bollocks with the forms etc they took the bike outside and then would not let me ride it as my trousers did not have an kevlar in them!

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,154 Posts
Moto Corsa down in Dorset have been really good. Show room is a bit hipsterish but they look after you and the workshop is excellent.
And they do know their KTMs. Some of the lads from Crescent in the KTM days are working there now.

·
Premium Member
9,607 Posts
To be honest the dealings so far with them have been really good and much better than others over the last 6 months.
When you contact or walk into a dealer saying you are interested in a new bike you would think that they would be eager to spend 5 miutes with you but this just isn't the case with the last few KTM dealers.

I had a test ride booked with Fowlers last week and after going through all the bollocks with the forms etc they took the bike outside and then would not let me ride it as my trousers did not have an kevlar in them!
I went to test ride a Triumph, had me licence. They wanted my NI number or passport and a long form filling in, I asked what they wanted NI number for, so they could cross reference my licence. Ok I can understand with tea leafs but for me it was all a bit too much, told them not to bother getting the bike out.

Now fooking kevlar trousers.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I wonder is some cunt fell of a demo in budgie smugglers and tried to sue dealer for letting him ride.

Worked at Honda dealer in 89, some lad threw a brand new VFR demo into a field, his mum got all shitty.

Back then not much to defend, he had full licence, was old enough to shag / drink / die fighting for his country so should of been able to ride a bike he obtained a licence for.

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,154 Posts
Licence and NI number is normal practice if you want a test ride. Most used to insist on two utility bills as well as proof of address. There's usually a £1000 excess on the insurance too. Bin it and it'll cost you a grand.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Licence and NI number is normal practice if you want a test ride. Most used to insist on two utility bills as well as proof of address. There's usually a £1000 excess on the insurance too. Bin it and it'll cost you a grand.
NI insurance number is needed so they can actually check the status of the driving licence i.e. that it is actually still valid and not got 12 points on it etc. Normal practise when hiring cars.

View or share your driving licence information - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts