KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, my current tyres are about shot (avon storm st) which to be honest, i'm not keen on in the wet. so i'm considering some maxxis for the old 950sm seeing as i'm skint and the dry weather seems to have buggered off. anyone got any comments on them. supermaxx touring or supermaxx sport?
anyone else got storms there not happy with? (they were on when i bought it, so someone likes 'em)
i only ride on the road. no track action (sadly) commuting and weekend blasts on the back roads.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have Supermaxx Sport on my `08` 950 smr....Can not fault them at all....Use them in all weathers and through winter. (A couple of small rear wheel slides in winter,but that was my fault, not letting them warm up enough...lol ).
Bike had them on when I purchased, and was very happy to fit the same when the rear wore out...Wear rate is looking good so far. Given that they are cheaper than the `usual` tyres used, I rate them highly.... Even ok on track. Plenty of feel and feed back...Warm up quickly... They have less tread than an everyday tyre, same as Metzeler/Pirrelli etc sport tyres, but wet grip has impressed me. Obviously you ride to the contitions, but occasionaly I have a `mad` moment and forget....They haven`t scared me yet.
I seriously recomend them.
Pete.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I had the touring ones on my bandit I only needed a rear at the time but for £20 more than the rear bridgestone bt021 iirc I got the pair of maxxis and I was really impressed they did everything the bridgestone did and and just as good enough grip to get the engine bars down on the road (oops) I did over 1000 miles on them and they still looked new when I sold the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts