KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a few posts on Facebook that MCE are going out of business and canceling all policies. Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yeh my mate has just had a email saying his mce insurance is ended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep this is all true......
My mate,has also been sent an email saying his insurance will now end at the end of January...
Although his policy was purchased for £1230,& due to expire mid August......

And as MCE have gone into administration,he will probably not receive a refund on the 7 months outstanding.... OUCH !!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeh got the email mce flopped, insured my second bike but dunno if I'll still get a yrs NCB because I've got none yet on second bike insurance

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yep this is all true......
My mate,has also been sent an email saying his insurance will now end at the end of January...
Although his policy was purchased for £1230,& due to expire mid August......

And as MCE have gone into administration,he will probably not receive a refund on the 7 months outstanding.... OUCH !!!
Tell him not to worry he will be fully covered until his policy end date 👍

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I figured out a few years ago mce were a waste of space not surprised they have gone under couldn't get anyone on the phone and if you did they didn't know shit from clay...as usual it's customers that will lose out from their ineptitude...

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Tell him not to worry he will be fully covered until his policy end date 👍
Got an MCE Insurance Company policy? You'll continue to be covered until the end of your policy. If you need to claim before the end of your policy, make a change or access your documents you'll need to submit this request to the MCE brokering side of the business. You can contact the brokering side using live chat on its website, by email ([email protected]) or by calling 0193 335 1361.

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
Got an MCE Insurance Company policy? You'll continue to be covered until the end of your policy. If you need to claim before the end of your policy, make a change or access your documents you'll need to submit this request to the MCE brokering side of the business. You can contact the brokering side using live chat on its website, by email ([email protected]) or by calling 0193 335 1361.

That was part of the older Emails. The one that came through yesterday reads differently.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Was with them last time, but now with Bennets and Hastings, I assumed the Policy Underwriters are still in business so policies should remain valid, just a bit of a PITA if you have a claim.

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
Font Electric blue Event Number Document

This is a screenshot and part of yesterday's email.

No mention of still being covered beyond the 31/01/2022 only an intention of disclaim.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
There will be a lot of Jewish stock-takes in the next 18 days

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
They were probably paying the insurers monthly and ran out of money. You may have paid for 12 months' cover but they were buying it month by month on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
They were probably paying the insurers monthly and ran out of money. You may have paid for 12 months' cover but they were buying it month by month on your behalf.
I dont know, but normally insurance companies underwrite risk, ie investors. So its a term policy, can't see them selling a bike policy monthly.

·
Premium Member
10,136 Posts
A bit of an all round cunts trick going bust like that - watch for a start up insurer called ECM ...........

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
Or MCE UK 😉

Whether its always been the case I'm not sure, but MCE were based in Gibraltar and there's also mention of MCE UK in some of the emails when mentioning new policies?

·
Registered
70 Posts
My understanding is that it's MCE Insurance Company (the policy underwriters) that has gone into administration not MCE UK (the broker side). If you bought a policy through MCE and the underwriter is MCE Insurance Company then I think you are screwed. It seems policy's bought after November 5th were underwritten by Sabre and should be OK.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I bet those running this shit show were paying themselves hundreds of thousands of pounds a year, taking huge dividends and have walked away with millions...

..same old shit.

Thing that boils my piss is that if I took dividends from my Ltd company when there are not clear cash profits to pay for them I could be facing prison....

...yet we see this all the time when huge companies go bust and the cunts running them have just emptied the tills leaving suppliers / customers fucked, or even worse stolen the workers pensions on their way out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts