KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's a sorry state of affairs I have two policies with them one which I took out end of October 21 and another one from July 21 both which will cease on 31st January. In the email I got from MCE yesterday there was mention of being able to claim a refund from the FSCS but we'll see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My mate,has likewise been sent an email saying his protection will currently end toward the finish of January...
Despite the fact that his strategy was bought for £1230,& due to terminate mid August

·
Registered
11,608 Posts
I stopped using them years ago, I'd receive calls from MCE and MCN using the same number. Which was presumably just some call centre. Probably set up by one or the other. I would wager MCN and they farmed it out to their advertisers to use. It was all about the sale and not the detail within the policy they cared about.

A local insurance company once told me these big online firms do their underwriting at the point of a claim, not at the start of the policy. No claim, no underwriting! No idea if that is true, but generally small local business' know the shit the large firms do to cut costs.

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
Font Rectangle Electric blue Art Parallel

Part of the latest email.

Would you try them for a quote going on how the last lot have performed ?

Doing a few quick quotes the cost of motorcycle insurance seems to have rocketed. Now looking at 3X's the price for a similar policy than the original one with MCE ... Covid tax ? 😉

·
Registered
11,608 Posts
I used to work for a firm that supplied CIA when they first set up. Year 2 the Boss had a brand spanking TVR (Tuscan if I remember correctly). I knew straight away I was in the wrong business.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts