KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has used the MCN Ride Logger app for the iphone and if anyone has any tips to get the best results from it? i know the data isn't going to be spot on but its better than nothing!

Apparently where you keep the phone on you is important to get accurate data. As the rc8 is pretty minimalistic the only place I can think of is under the seat. The chest pocket of your leathers isn't recommended, I guess that's because your upper body moves independently of the bike quite a bit. Any ideas welcome. :)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
yeh ive got it, not used it once though cos everytime i realise i have it is when im sat in a bar getting pished twatting with my Iphone ;)

Im sure its great but so far i just get maps and data based on how many bars we visit :)

I shall give it a bloody good whirl at the Ring though..........if i remember

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I've got it and its OK, just put mine in my pocket. It definately logs the route well and it seems quite accurate but watch out for the odd glitch. Mine showed that I did 165.6MPH on one trip, I was going some I know but flat out my bike wont do that. How does it stand as evidence should your/my phone be conficated by the law?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've only used it once and it drained my battery (it was quite a long ride) & not particularly accurate.
I need to try it on a brain out Sunday morning 20 minute dash & see how it gets on.
I too was a bit worried by the idea of giving evidence to the police if they collar me but the phone's not stuck to the dash (unless it's recording some high def video ;)) so why would they want to look at the phone in your pocket?
Definitely worth a download from what I've seen though.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
i got it friday for a couple of quick 20min rides, battery was knackered, when i took as look at the track on the map there were a lot of gaps, also the speeds were way out, max was 91mph but the computer on the bike recons we did 132mph, on a closed track, the average speed was also way out, IMO would be worth the 4.99 price tag if it worked, BUT it doesn't, not very impressed

·
Registered
43 Posts
i wouldn't have thought they would have you for what your phone says you were doing.

At least here in Aus anyway.

They don't calibrate my phone to make sure it picks up the correct reading.
It's like having a GPS on the dash that reads how fast you were going - that's not accurate... not a "proper speed checking" piece of equipment. So doubt they would get much out of it.

Back on topic - i would like to try the app... seems like it could be good - but don't have an iphone (lol... that's not really that much back on topic :|)

·
Registered
905 Posts
If anybody of you guys has a phone with android os you should try a Trackmaster software by trackaroo. You will be not disappointed.
Trackmaster - Welcome

I used it few times till now, with phone attached in leather case to do windscreen. It do the brilliant job. Best app ever.

For non-track use 'Tracks' app for example. After all you will have all details about your journey.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You mean trackmaster? I found it very accurate, compared to proper gps logger there was about 1 sec difference between these two devices BUT this difference was constance - same on every one lap, so possible trackmaster could set a marker in a bit different place on the track or it is reacting bit slower than proper device - hard to say. But after all, for this price I couldn't expect nothing more and I think this software is brilliant with all options what offering you.

Where did you keep your phone during laps? Did phone lost gps satellites or something else was a problem?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts