KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted, working as expected, indicators all flash etc.... But I'm not sure which wires to connect the seat protection switch to. I could leave it off and not worry, but i'd prefer to have it installed. There are 4 wires in the tail unit with bullet connectors unused. I assume two of them are for the switch but without the wiring diagram it would be trial and error. Does anyone know or have a wiring diagram for the 1190 A? Cheers guys...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Richard, I'll check for output with my meters before I use anything, it might there's a molex connector hidden somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure it would, however it comes up with a 404 error J

·
Registered
388 Posts
I changed the place where the files were hosted and re posted. Also sent you files via wetransfer, please check your email for download link.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll check them out and let you know how I get on. Probably do a write up on here. Purchase, install, test and finish. J

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hope it helps.
Thanks - even though I have the 1290 SAS, the information is extremely helpful.

For example, I hadn't thought to look for the seat read switch connector where it showed in the installation instructions. Now I have found a connector, tucked right away near the ECU. The wire colours appear to match the maintenance manual (blue and brown), but I don't have the matching socket for the connector to plug into.

Does anyone know where I could source this? I have found similar items on-line, but not the direct match.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks like a standard psu connector from a pc.

Good shout, although they are usually 4 pin connectors. But the idea got me googling and RS have what appears to be the right part. Unfortunately, you have to buy min. 10 and min. 100 of the terminals, costing about £13 in total.

Don't know where you would get a match for those. But you could cut them off and add your own pair maybe.

Otherwise try Aliexpress.com as most use Chinese parts.
Sound idea - I have some matching connectors and terminals.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Try maplin, usually more expensive but you can buy one of anything. I would call a ktm dealership to see if you can buy the plug/cable for the switch since it comes as part of the alarm mounting kit (£25). They may sell it separately. J

1 - 20 of 20 Posts