KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
I have some on the way for testing with tubliss.

I’m marshalling at the Snowrun so might use them there....

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Be good to see it up against Maxxis IT, i guess thats its nearest rival?

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
I don’t think they are as aggressive as the Maxxis Rob. Looking at them the edges come pre rounded, possibly to reduce sharp edges skittering about on rock. Hopefully they will use a decent rubber compound like the medium. They could be super duper all round trail tyres if they are.

·
Administrator
8,338 Posts
Taken from Al's web site

The new 2019 Michelin Tracker tyre range has replaced the previously popular AC10 range. This improved range is great for riders who require a road legal tyre that still has great off road capabilities. The range is available in 2 front sizes and 7 rear sizes which you can see more about below.

AC10????

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Well the AC10 was a terrible tyre, the compound was far and away too hard. This one though looks really interesting and no question it'll be a different compound. Cant wait to try them and particularly interested in the front.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
How popular was the AC10 ?

I'm not a fan and I know there's others but did anyone find a surface that it worked on to make it so popular ?

·
Registered
9,033 Posts

I'm not a fan and I know there's others but did anyone find a surface that it worked on to make it so popular ?
There was absolutely nothing wrong with AC10's, a fantastic tyre, unless you used it on mud, grass, rocks, tarmac, twigs, gravel and anything else you might encounter on your bike and in that case they were completely useless :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

I made the mistake, due to the fact it was (is) road legal, and bought a set for my former XR650. Utter shite!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I know someone who uses AC10 rear now & then as he got a couple cheap. He's a decent expert rider and doesn't mind them..

that tracker tire looks like it's come out of a christmas cracker but could be worth a punt for play riding in summer?

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
My set have arrived. Two tyres for the cost of one medium rear. I’m not moaning there.

341E126D-40B1-4FE3-A797-99A2D87B02EE.jpg

The rubber is sticky and very flexible to touch. Knobs aren’t crazy aggressive so deep mud/grass might be fun but they look to have a nice spacing. Definitely on the trail, training and mixed use end of the spectrum but Michelins new range is now making sense.

Carcass seems like the medium- flexible, which means good sharp edge/square hit absorption. A poke and prod test compared to a set of used mediums shows a very comparable feel. I’m already thinking these Trakkers will feel like a set of mediums that have done an easy event or two when new.

I’ll get them fitted and report back on how they ride.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I made the mistake, due to the fact it was (is) road legal, and bought a set for my former XR650. Utter shite!
Funny you should say that.... I bought an XR650 with a pair of AC10's fitted ,first time I'd used them ...... I crashed twice on the road just getting to the trails :redface:

·
Registered
4,984 Posts

It's just marketing speak - it was almost universally hated, apart from by slow trail riders who only rode in the dry and liked the fact it lasted forever.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My set have arrived. Two tyres for the cost of one medium rear. I’m not moaning there.

View attachment 27243

The rubber is sticky and very flexible to touch. Knobs aren’t crazy aggressive so deep mud/grass might be fun but they look to have a nice spacing. Definitely on the trail, training and mixed use end of the spectrum but Michelins new range is now making sense.

Carcass seems like the medium- flexible, which means good sharp edge/square hit absorption. A poke and prod test compared to a set of used mediums shows a very comparable feel. I’m already thinking these Trakkers will feel like a set of mediums that have done an easy event or two when new.

I’ll get them fitted and report back on how they ride.
What’s the tread depth? The front certainly looks to have a better profile than the old one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
8,338 Posts
Sounds like a budget tyre to me. Why bother if we all are happy with the Enduro tyres recently introduced?

[h=2]NEW 2019 MICHELIN TRACKER TYRES[/h]The new 2019 Michelin Tracker tyre range has replaced the previously popular AC10 range. This improved range is great for riders who require a road legal tyre that still has great off road capabilities. The range is available in 2 front sizes and 7 rear sizes which you can see more about below.
The new Michelin Tracker range benefits from:

Being cost effective
By providing you with a tyre that can be used for many events, it’s a cost-effective, longer lasting option, which will still provide you with great performance on the tracks.

Saving you time
You won’t need to spend hours swapping your tyres to suit your ride, the Michelin Tracker Tyre is road legal and can be used on Hare and Hounds events, Enduro competitions and Green Laning.

Versatility
The tread pattern has been developed to be the ideal ‘all rounder’ tyre, pro riders and experts worked closely to make this tyre a versatile training and competitive tyre.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Well, the pattern is very different which indicates to me it might wear a little less, but the medium is essentially a comp tyre so no issues there for me with wear, they're supoosed to grip and with that comes soft rubber which wears. This pattern appears like it will be a touch less grippy, and is probably a little harder, so longer wearing, so should appeal to trail riders etc.

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
Centre knob heights

Tracker front 11.29
Tracker rear 14.70

Medium front 11.30
Medium rear 12.53

Naff all difference in sizes really. Same block layout just mediums are square edged and Trackers slightly rounded.

Michelin are not saying these are a new outright race tyre. They are an all type use tyre. Bear in mind the medium still grips when very worn these should be absolutely fine for general hooning and a shed load cheaper.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts