KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had any of these? how do you rate them, are they worth the serious money and is there anywhere in the uk to buy them from or do i have to import ?
if anyone has a used pair i could be very interested ;)both brembo. cheers.
Pete

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Pete I use them and think they're awesome but some have trouble dialling the clutch in I know someone selling the clutch lever for £30 I can give you his no if you like

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've had one for my '02 200 which had a 10.5 master cylinder and a heavy clutch. Picked it up second hand. Build quality very good. Does what is says, reduces clutch pull. Had no problem dialling in mine, to be honest I just stuck it on the bike and away I went. If I was to make one criticism it would be that it's quite a thick lever and I prefer thinner ones.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Have them on my sons 65SX and they are fantastic. One issue is that on some bikes the clutch lever is hard to get right because if you have the lever where you want it it leaves you very little free play to the point where it causes clutch slip.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi Fletch, you tried them ages ago when you rode my bike. As you know I'm not that experienced but for what it's worth I like them. I recently did a training day with Ady Smith who didn't like them. Basically because of the mechanical advantage inherent in the design they (on my bike at least) need to be pulled to the bars to fully disengage the clutch. This can make one finger operation tricky, but they make the clutch much lighter. . There's a long thread on ktm talk all about them.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I had issue's with the standard pin so they sent me a pin, and I took it to tools supplier and bought bolts that matched its thickness with a vernier, then cut them to different sizes but the one he sent me works fine, and wouldn't go back to standard ever

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Fletch, you tried them ages ago when you rode my bike. As you know I'm not that experienced but for what it's worth I like them. I recently did a training day with Ady Smith who didn't like them. Basically because of the mechanical advantage inherent in the design they (on my bike at least) need to be pulled to the bars to fully disengage the clutch. This can make one finger operation tricky, but they make the clutch much lighter. . There's a long thread on ktm talk all about them.
i remember now Mark. at the time i think i was concentrating on suspension set up so didnt take notice of levers. ill have a look on the yank forum. thanks.
Pete

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Pete I use them and think they're awesome but some have trouble dialling the clutch in I know someone selling the clutch lever for £30 I can give you his no if you like
Yep used them on the old 400 with Magura m/c and on the new bike with the Brembo ,the new clutch lever has definitely given me trouble getting it set up right.
The push pin needs trimming down by a few mm to allow you to adjust he reach in towards the bar without making the clutch slip.

Good quality product and Steve Phol ,the designer is a really helpful and decent fella to deal with. Currently doesn't have a uk supplier ,but they ship worldwide and they don't usually atract excess duty.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
The lever that Fletch has just bought started with johnny,then slagga, short ass,jimmy and now Fletch Ive read quite a few comments about adjustment on ktmtalk ....I have lots of play in mine, it starts in gear there is a little clutch drag until its warm but I always had that with the stock lever, but the clutch pull is so light that it swings it for me

·
Registered
942 Posts
hi there, yep have them on a husky 511, reduced the clutch pull nicely! also can be set down bars for max effect 2 finger pull on both levers. would def purchase again when i change to a ktm! lol cheers nigel.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats a widely traveled lever then. sounds like its about 10 years old but the company didnt start till 08. it may be back for sale in another few weeks yet.;)

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
thats a widely traveled lever then. sounds like its about 10 years old but the company didnt start till 08. it may be back for sale in another few weeks yet.;)
6 months if that pete you have to persevere with the adjustment

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Mine was refused at scruitineering recently due to wrong radius! Had to swap it for a std one to get through. First time in about 14 months though?
Never heard of that one before..... Why does the radius matter?
Had to look it up on the ACU handbook.

5.4 clutch and brake levers
1. Clutch and brake levers must be, in principal, ball ended, the diameter of the ball to be at least
12.5mm.
2. This ball can also be flattened but in any case the edges must be rounded.
3. These ball ends must be permanently fixed to form an integral part of the lever

For my money the levers meet the requirement of being rounded edges /flattened profie. and at least 12.5mm thick.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
they are wank I put them on my new 2013 450 ozzy tried to set them up I was never happy with em clutch would drag all the time no matter how much I fucked about with em front lever you could pull to the bars stick with standard levers with ptfe tape

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
ha ha ha that's one happy customer

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
lol put it on the ktm talk site Johnny under product reviews

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.