KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Not a big fan, and prefer to look over me shoulder.. Just dont trust the mirrors.. Have to say tho the mirrors on me new sm 990 are fair sexy!! Think tho if ya get stopped, they just tell ya to stick them back on.. Only been stopped once in 18 years of bikin because of mirrors..

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
When I got my Yamaha it had no mirrors and I hated not knowing what was lurking behind (including blue lights) and you can't keep on looking over your shoulder as you're missing what is going on in front of you then.
What about the good old, well discussed and recommended Motrax mini bar end mirrors clipped to the bars by the lever brackets.
Only a small view but better than nothing and you look under your arms instead of over/through.
At only about £35 it's not the end of the world if you don't like them.
Some guys have them on their Dukes IIRC.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
I've been running ny Duke with no mirrors for a while now and at first it was weird not having them. I have gotten used to it but I'm planning on putting just the right hand mirror back on to keep an eye out for lurking police bikes! I swapped my OEM mirrors out for these Rizoma lovelies

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Running without mirrors is a pain in the arse
Not just cos of the other people,but changing lanes,etc
get some of the peek ones,or bar ends.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I've been running ny Duke with no mirrors for a while now and at first it was weird not having them. I have gotten used to it but I'm planning on putting just the right hand mirror back on to keep an eye out for lurking police bikes! I swapped my OEM mirrors out for these Rizoma lovelies

Those Rizzo's are spot on,nice and expensive though :)

·
Registered
273 Posts

ya not using your homemades anymore??

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
What is your thoughts on running a bike with no mirrors.
I don't fancy the idea of not seeing behind me, with all the Police presence on the roads that I ride, but the Aprilia looks shite with 2 big ugly mirrors pocking out. It spoils the sleek looks of the bike. :smokin:
Around town, Ive grown to prefer riding with no mirror - that way you have to look around properly (lifesaver + look behind) every time.
On the motorway (or at faster speeds) I think you really do need a mirror. Looking around is much harder. And you have to look for longer. When there are fast-moving vehicles coming from behind, you have to look far enough back, and long enough to judge their speed. I dont like it.

Here is the option I would go for:

And when mirrors are folded in, it looks like this:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I ride old bikes with no mirrors, off-road bikes with no mirrors and my 690 SMCommuter with the OEM mirrors - because on the busy urban roads they are a lifesaver.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts