KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning. Just wondering if my one has lowered their 1290S using this Mizu thing. It sits under the rear shock and lowered the bike 25-30 mil. Obs would need to drop the forks too. What’s your views, any issues?
Gear4 have done a few and reckon it’s good and although the bike stands taller it’s not so bad that stands need altered.
Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Morning. Just wondering if my one has lowered their 1290S using this Mizu thing. It sits under the rear shock and lowered the bike 25-30 mil. Obs would need to drop the forks too. What’s your views, any issues?
Gear4 have done a few and reckon it’s good and although the bike stands taller it’s not so bad that stands need altered.
Thanks

Yes I have fitted one to mine .dies drop the bike a bit but don't expect miracles.lowered the forks a few mm.uf you lower forks to much you lose the full lock cause of the stearing damper. Done over a 1000 miles now no issues

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have fitted one to mine .dies drop the bike a bit but don't expect miracles.lowered the forks a few mm.uf you lower forks to much you lose the full lock cause of the stearing damper. Done over a 1000 miles now no issues
Thanks very much, when you say don’t expect miracles what do you mean exactly please. Does it actually drop an inch or one inch and a half ish? Does the bike still handle okay and did you need to shorten the sidestand?
Can’t decide wether to do this or get a HyperPro lowering spring.
Many thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
It went from tipytoes to the balls off my feet.would love an other inch more but what man wouldn't .handling is exactly the same in my opinion.hope that helps

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It went from tipytoes to the balls off my feet.would love an other inch more but what man wouldn't .handling is exactly the same in my opinion.hope that helps
It does……thanks mate

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you need to chop your sidestand?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts