KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morocco... it's all been said and done before.... so i'll keep it short and sweet & just post some pictures; after all a picture says a thousand words :D

I would also like to apologise as there are a few Yamahas in the pictures ;)

I took 1134 pictures... so give me time to slowly upload em... not ALL of em, but a few...

Call us lazy but 2 of our group drove the van to Malaga and the remaining 4 got a plane(more time in Morocco)... my girl waiting to be freed :D

C'mon c'mon, lets go!

Off the Kerb; one of the guys i went with has a motorcycle school....

Essential to any Aussie :D

No... the scooter wasn't in our group...

Next time i shall bring a tent... rather than a bivi!! And no, not sure why i have a lock on my bike....i'm sure i'd notice if it were to move...

More to follow.....

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I know i shouldn't but the dog liked my drink... and as you'll see from the pic below i made a friend

Chefchouhen (or however you spell it....)

Man in a dress... who i noticed was also dealing weed (hey..it's hard to turn off...)

Brekkie

Pick us a winner! The benefits of a long range lense...

Probably my favourite picture...as you'll see this cat followed my camera

A group of bikers from Portugal... who we seemed to keep running into, until we left the tarmac

must admit, it'll take me a while to get used to filling up myself again!

I didn't take a helmet camera so managed to fashion my compact camera to the front of the bike using duct tape an a gorilla pod... worked for a while...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Where to go...where to go...

A little village...where judging by the people there; marrying your sister and having children seems popular :p

London? That way mate :rolleyes:

Yet all over Morocco there are signs saying to wear your seatbelt :p

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This was somewhere on the way to Ifrane... cracking road... even if all the cars overtake you into blind corners :eek:

Tenere gets sleepy :D

Got bottomed out here... balancing on the sumpguard :)

Still wishing i had brought a real tent...

Camping in the middle of knowwhere... but the locals still found us...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Reminds me of the film "The Hills Have Eyes"... and for those of you who have been to Morocco you'll know that the moment you stop people come out of know where to say hello or sell you crap...so the hills do have eyes :D

Funny how taking pictures of children in the UK gets you in trouble :eek: ... but these kids seemed to found our bikes interesting

Start of the best trail i've ever been on... and this is an easy part! It's not exactly a trail though, not on any maps and is only for mules... when we got to the other side the locals thought we were mad :D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Bugger....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Some of the lads came off and had injuries... so we had to camp here... the widest part of the trail... i rode into the village to fetch water- so ended up doing parts of this trail about 3 times; including in the dark... fun fun fun

Due to injuries not all of our group could ride bikes, so we had to find a novel solution...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Morocco... it's all been said and done before....

More to follow.....
But not by you.... so we'll get a different perspective! Picture's are awesome keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But not by you.... so we'll get a different perspective! Picture's are awesome keep 'em coming!
Ha... i remember you guys saying i wouldn't find any water crossings to go through at speed... you were wrong....

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice one Craig - these injuries weren't too serious I hope??
a knee; not as bad as it first thought.... and later an ankle on the road- ligaments... limited their offroading time, but not mine....

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice one Craig - these injuries weren't too serious I hope??
How the fook i'm alive i do not know. You've been riding with me ;)

On that rocky trail i got some good speed up & took a corner a wee bit fast.... front wheel began to slide, went about 1.5 metres i reckon and got to less than 1ft of the edge (only about 100m + drop to your death :eek:) i tapped the rear brake which seemed to right me and the bike stood up... so ended up having both wheels sliding sideways off the edge, bit of power and hey presto i'm still here :eek:
New underwear? Yes please :p

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Donkey dick! Literally, ha...

"You want my chicken"... ummm, "no thanks mate"...

mmmmm, warm water...

I did seriously think about trying to cross this... but there was no exit on the other side :frown:

mmmmm, yummy...:rolleyes:

Cascades...

So friggin nice....

whatcha lookin at...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Trying to find the right way to Ourzazate......

After this picture we did 4 hours of riding in the dark in the Atlas Mountains... we had to contend with the crazy Moroccan drivers and landslides that had covered the roads in mud... was exciting :D

Got into Ourzazate to find about 20 of these.. some rich Dutch blokes having some fun

and a real life Dakar rally car, competed in 2009... sweeeeeeet, more pics to follow....

Calling ahead to say we'd be late worked, they kept some food for us. Tagine would you believe :rolleyes:

After living like a tramp i needed this place, hell ya!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts